PDA

View Full Version : An Apology....

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
06-09-06, 02:21 PM
I have to apologise to everybody for my ill-conceived posting of an inappropriate image in a previous thread. It wasn't my intention to make fun of anyone with a disability, I simply wanted to highlight the idiocy in anothers actions and his attitude towards other forum members. The manner in which I did so was offensive and disrespectful to everybody, and I hope you all will accept my sincerest apology and deepest regrets for my actions. I know how hurtful people can be when they make fun of others, for whatever reason, and I hope my fellow Kaleuns can look past this and forgive my stupidity.

Cheers all.

cobalt
06-09-06, 02:39 PM
lighten up guy. haha

Drebbel
06-09-06, 02:48 PM
Of course there is a simple way to make it up to all of us.

Buy us all a beer !

:rotfl:

Rosencrantz
06-09-06, 05:17 PM
You youngsters... Just let's try to behave next time...
:zzz: :|\\

Apologies accepted.

-RC-

Kurushio
06-09-06, 05:39 PM
Well, that was my thread locked. But I got the info I wanted out of it, anyway. So no worries.

...and yes, I did not know what the serated edge on the sub was. I'm sure theres something on a U-boat we all wonder about...like for example, was the toilet seat wooden or metal? :hmm:

VonHelsching
06-09-06, 05:54 PM
:sunny:

Rose
06-09-06, 05:59 PM
like for example, was the toilet seat wooden or metal? :hmm:

I'm guessing metal? :lol:

Kurushio
06-09-06, 06:02 PM
like for example, was the toilet seat wooden or metal? :hmm:
I'm guessing metal? :lol:

Why not oak? :yep:

Fitz62STG
06-09-06, 06:19 PM

Buy us all a beer !

I more than second that motion. You fessed up now by the shack a beer.

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
06-09-06, 06:32 PM

Buy us all a beer !

I more than second that motion. You fessed up now by the shack a beer.

Right you are! Name your poison, lads. Drinks are on me!

Word of advice:Stay away from the u-boot special cocktail:up:

Kurushio
06-09-06, 06:53 PM
This is the one I like:

http://www.liquorama.net/ProductImages/grolsch.jpg

U-Bones
06-09-06, 09:22 PM
I have to apologise to everybody for my ill-conceived posting of an inappropriate image in a previous thread. It wasn't my intention to make fun of anyone with a disability, I simply wanted to highlight the idiocy in anothers actions and his attitude towards other forum members. The manner in which I did so was offensive and disrespectful to everybody, and I hope you all will accept my sincerest apology and deepest regrets for my actions. I know how hurtful people can be when they make fun of others, for whatever reason, and I hope my fellow Kaleuns can look past this and forgive my stupidity.

Cheers all.

My brother has Downs Syndrome, and the Special Olympics has a special place in my heart. He would smile at you and accept you, with or without the apology. Far too often I find myself being thoughtless, so it is easy to forgive others with less conditioning for these issues.

Especially given your very verbose and appreciated apology. Accepted wholeheartedly. I will have my first beer this year in your honor !

Highbury
06-09-06, 09:44 PM
Right you are! Name your poison, lads. Drinks are on me!

Word of advice:Stay away from the u-boot special cocktail:up:

Make mine a Spitfire Plz :D

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/advertising/ad62004.gif

JSalinger
06-09-06, 10:42 PM
Hmm...now that you offer...oh, why not?

Schnapps! L'chaiym!

kiwi_2005
06-10-06, 02:20 AM
Karl-Heinz Jaeger, You have be transferred to kiwis feared Nazi boat, there you will be on watch duty for the entire patrol. :arrgh!:

STEED
06-10-06, 02:57 AM
What’s all this apology business about? Are who cares make mind a nice cold pint of Spitfire. :cool:

The_Blockade_Runner
06-10-06, 03:06 AM
If you're in America you have to try a Fat Tire :up:

The Noob
06-10-06, 06:47 AM
Name your poison, lads. Drinks are on me!

Gimme a:

http://www.pitt.edu/%7Eslavic/courses/russ1771/labels/vodka/privet.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl:

Eichenlaub
06-10-06, 06:53 AM
This is the one I like:

http://www.liquorama.net/ProductImages/grolsch.jpg

Ah, Grolsch beugel... Personally I prefer a Bavaria or Hertog Jan over Grolsch any day, but Grolsch is still good. And in case you are wondering: yes, I was born in Noord-Brabant!:rock:

Will probably drink a few beers tonight...any chance I can forward the bill to you Karl-Heinz Jaeger?:D :roll: :sunny:

Kind regards,

Eichenlaub

Kurushio
06-10-06, 07:28 AM
Eichenlaub: well send me some of those exotic sounding Dutch beers and I might just be converted!! :p Dutch beer is my favourite. Used to be German, then I ventured onto Dutch and never looked back. Dutch beer has the same strong flavour of hops I love but without the bitter aftertaste I find I get with German beers. Lovely! :up:

TheSwampFox
06-10-06, 07:32 AM
My Russian is extremely rusty, but does that say "Hello Vodka" on the bottle?

The Noob
06-10-06, 07:47 AM
My Russian is extremely rusty, but does that say "Hello Vodka" on the bottle?

errrrr...maybe?

I don't even Speak a word Russian...:oops:;):D

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
06-10-06, 11:17 AM
*eyes the rapidly growing bar tab*

I hope my pay covers this......:D

That spitfire ad was frickin hilarious. The bottle of Britain....HA! Speaking of which, just caught the movie last week....another example of classic British movie making. Right up there with Sink the Bismarck, A Bridge Too Far and Ice Cold In Alex.

Speaking of beer...who makes the best?? I'm Irish and have so many weapons of choice over the years....Carlsberg, Guinness, Jameson & Coke, but lately with the advent of summer I'm primarily drinking......

http://www.bulmers.ie/img/summer_06.jpg

Perfect on a hot summers day with friends.:rock:

Eichenlaub
06-10-06, 02:06 PM
Eichenlaub: well send me some of those exotic sounding Dutch beers and I might just be converted!! :p Dutch beer is my favourite. Used to be German, then I ventured onto Dutch and never looked back. Dutch beer has the same strong flavour of hops I love but without the bitter aftertaste I find I get with German beers. Lovely! :up:

Yes, I enjoy Dutch beers very much myself! A majority of people in the Netherlands would agree with you by the way, and prefer Grolsch over any other standard beer. Me, I prefer Bavaria because I think the aftertaste is smoother than that of Grolsch. Plus, it's quite cheap. As a matter of fact, many would agree with me that Bavaria has the best price to quality ratio of all the standard beers.:rock:

It's amazing that foreigners take a liking to Grolsch I must say. Not that they couldn't appreciate a fine beer if they tasted one, but because most foreigners' only acquaintance with Dutch beer is through Heineken. And despite what they say in the movies, that beer simply sucks! Trust me, Heineken's global popularity is a result of clever marketing, not quality.:damn:

Hmmmm, now that I think of it, an alarmingly high proportion of bars I frequent actually serve Heineken...:damn: :down: Well, it must be the atmosphere then.:smug:

Kind regards,

Eichenlaub

Kurushio
06-10-06, 04:42 PM
Yes, I enjoy Dutch beers very much myself! A majority of people in the Netherlands would agree with you by the way, and prefer Grolsch over any other standard beer. Me, I prefer Bavaria because I think the aftertaste is smoother than that of Grolsch. Plus, it's quite cheap. As a matter of fact, many would agree with me that Bavaria has the best price to quality ratio of all the standard beers.:rock:

It's amazing that foreigners take a liking to Grolsch I must say. Not that they couldn't appreciate a fine beer if they tasted one, but because most foreigners' only acquaintance with Dutch beer is through Heineken. And despite what they say in the movies, that beer simply sucks! Trust me, Heineken's global popularity is a result of clever marketing, not quality.:damn:

Hmmmm, now that I think of it, an alarmingly high proportion of bars I frequent actually serve Heineken...:damn: :down: Well, it must be the atmosphere then.:smug:

Kind regards,

Eichenlaub

Eich...I only drink beer out of a bottle, so Heineken doesn't even register on my radar...and I know it's a dump of a beer...wouldn't touch the stuff. Same with Bud which is water with a bit of beer....though the Ice versions are OK for a quick beer.

I love the fact that Grolsch dates back to the medievel times :p. For the same reason I tried Kronenborg 1664 (French beer) but thought it was horrible to be honest. I don't think I can find Bavaria here but maybe a chance of the other one you mentioned. Wrote both down on the shopping list...let's see if I get lucky. :up:

Deep Six
06-10-06, 05:27 PM
There's a little pub just outside of Banbury in Oxfordshire, and my mind cannot think of its name, but I can certainly remember a brew it sold there, this was a proud pub selling micro ales from small breweries, and it's best was a brew called.......................

"Crippled Dick" .. The owner of the pub would give free beer to anyone who could stand up after 5 pints of this brew, needless to say I failed miserably 31/2 pints and I was flat on my face!!!!

So mines a "Crippled Dick"....

Deep Six

Kpt. Lehmann
06-10-06, 06:07 PM
It takes a REAL man or woman to apologize when they are wrong. :up: :up: :up:

Carry on sailor!

tbarak
06-10-06, 10:54 PM
All I can say is these lads will use any excuse to pop the cork.

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
06-11-06, 07:19 AM
All I can say is these lads will use any excuse to pop the cork.

Too right! Nothing relaxes you after a long and gruelling patrol dodging tin cans like a Crippled Dick. Need we say more??!!

Ditto on the earlier post about Budweiser and Heineken sucking big time as far as quality and cleanliness goes. German and central european lagers and pilsners I have always found to be leaders in this regard with clean and crisp flavour and no artificial hangover inducing chemicals as their hallmark of quality.

But then again....I'm Irish and I'd drink piss warm grog from a welsh miners hard hat if it got me drunk!!!
:doh: :88) :doh:

:up:

Kurushio
06-11-06, 07:56 AM
It takes a REAL man or woman to apologize when they are wrong. :up: :up: :up:

Carry on sailor!

Women apologise? :hmm:

JackAubrey
06-11-06, 10:35 AM
Women apologise? :hmm:

They don´t.
If you are absolutely sure that everything you say is right above all else, then you would simply not understand why you should apologise. :sunny:

Eichenlaub
06-12-06, 05:42 AM
Kurushio:

If you like beers that go back a looong way, perhaps you could add Brand ("fire") to your list? Its tradition dates back to 1340, possibly making it the oldest traceable beer in Europe. Oh, and the taste is fine too.

Kind regards,

Eichenlaub