PDA

View Full Version : No Prestige awarded, no tonnage recorded

Konnrade
06-05-06, 12:07 AM
I was having a rather fruitful patrol, sank several C2's, a few Coastal Merchants, and a T2 (I encountered a number of lone merchants, and made two successful attacks on a convoy).

I figured I should, after my second successful attack on the convoy, save my game. In case I had an "oops!" moment and lost all of that hard-earned prestige.

Well, I did so, and kept playing. I get back to St. Lorient to the wonderful discovery that the game thinks I sank zero ships and deserve zero prestige. My captain's log has all the lovely tonnage (as well as two airplanes) right there in bold letters. The game could care less, however, and I am on record as having sunk zero tonnage.

After the number of patches allready released, I was pissed off enough when I resumed playing the game to find that the crew fatigue $^%up had been ignored, but now this glitch... that's just too far, I'm royally pissed.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Brauer
06-05-06, 01:20 AM
Same thing happened to me, and I saved in the same manner. I read somewhere where you can't save just before sinking a ship or it won't give you credit for it either. When or in what circumstances do you save then?

JScones
06-05-06, 03:22 AM
This question comes up, oh, every second day. The usual solutions are posted, oh, every third day.

While you are waiting for a more patient person to respond, you may like to search the forum. It won't take long to find any number of posts discussing this well known SH3 problem.

Here's one thread on the subject... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=93381 (my post explains).

I've never ever had the problem, prolly because I *never* save mid-patrol.

Konnrade
06-05-06, 03:50 AM
sorry for the redundant post, then.

Unfortunately, the search function decided that most of my adjectives were unworthy of it's precious time (god how I hate the search functions that do that), so it was either sift through many pages of information, or make a new thread.

Seeing as how I'm on a well-deserved break from sifting through pages of obscure data (chemistry, to be precise), perhaps my choice is understandable:p

JScones
06-05-06, 03:59 AM
One thing I seem to be missing is the ability to "search for exact" string. Using quotes doesn't seem to work. I'm sure the ability was there when the new forum first came up. :hmm: Gizzmoe??

BTW, a title only search for "tonnage" would have found a fair number of related threads...

Myxale
06-05-06, 04:09 AM
Guys Like Mr. JScones say's: Never save on patrol...this wil make everthing hardcore... :rock:
Or save only when none is around, meaning the wast open sea and you only!. This may work.
But SH3 has a buggy save functio...so...!

JScones
06-05-06, 04:12 AM
Guys Like Mr. JScones say's: Never save on patrol...this wil make everthing hardcore... :rock:
Actually, that's not the reason. I just don't want to come here and post a "where's my tonnage?" thread...

Seriously, for whatever reason I have just never felt the need to save mid-patrol. If my computer was unstable and prone to CTD's then yes, maybe. But it's not. So I've just never done it. No hardcore reason.

Konnrade
06-05-06, 05:15 AM
I've gotten used to saving frequently... SH3 does NOT like my ATI card.

During my last session my graphics driver reset itself a literal dozen times. The instability makes me nervous, as CTD's do occasionally happen.

I honestly expected a LOT better from a Ubi sim. Sturmovik was a damn fine game, and I had no technical problems with it. And I'm sure I've played other Ubi games that I enjoyed, but without recalling they were Ubi games. the fact that SHIII is still buggy after all the patches really tarnishes the company's image... and I mean a lot. Any company that knowingly decides not to fix certain bugs is a company that deserves some very unflattering scrutiny.

Gizzmoe
06-05-06, 05:30 AM
One thing I seem to be missing is the ability to "search for exact" string. Using quotes doesn't seem to work. I'm sure the ability was there when the new forum first came up. :hmm: Gizzmoe??
vB currently uses the built-in search, for "exact search" Neal would need to enable the full-text MySQL search (supports booleans and quotes). Itīs a resource-hungry feature... Iīll talk to Neal about it, maybe he is willing to try it out.