PDA

View Full Version : Stupid stupid AA crew!!!

r_wagner
06-01-06, 02:28 PM
Leaving Bergen for a patrol in late 1943, I figured the Allies have pretty good air coverage at this point so I man the AA guns after leaving Bergen fjord and set to engage closing targets and fire at will. Shortly thereafter... "airplane spotted" ... my men open fire and take the plane out with surprising efficiency. All well until I checked the captains log: "Bf23 Fighter bomber" :nope:

Should the crew not be able to recognize their own planes?

Will there be repercussions for this after the patrol (less tonnage in nygm) or something like that?

Or I could just make them walk the plank... :arrgh!:

joea
06-01-06, 04:10 PM
You sure that was one of ours? Bf23 sounds like a grid...plus I am pretty sure the crew AI won't fire at friendlies...not that I've tried it mind you. :hmm:

r_wagner
06-01-06, 06:10 PM
When I saved and exited it was an Axis unit lost...

JScones
06-02-06, 02:51 AM
Bf23??? They may be great shots but it sounds like they are dreadful at aircraft recognition!

andy_311
06-02-06, 06:23 AM
You sure that was one of ours? Bf23 sounds like a grid...plus I am pretty sure the crew AI won't fire at friendlies...not that I've tried it mind you. :hmm:

Yes they do.

rogerbo
06-02-06, 07:16 AM
and i thougt i'm stupid :doh: but no a Bf23 didn't exist in the Luftwaffe (not even Google knows that plain.

So it means Grid BF23 Fighter/ Bomber LOL

Keelbuster
06-02-06, 09:20 AM
Same goes for the deck gun crew - don't have them on 'fire at will' when neutral/axis boats are about. They're trigger happy.

Kb

r_wagner
06-02-06, 11:11 AM
and i thougt i'm stupid :doh: but no a Bf23 didn't exist in the Luftwaffe (not even Google knows that plain.

So it means Grid BF23 Fighter/ Bomber LOL

I'm going to check the captains log again. I may have just read it wrong or something. It's definitely not the grid though, since Bergen is in the AN quadrant.... and when I saved and exited the summary said 1 Axis unit destroyed.