PDA

View Full Version : The Bismark

The_Blockade_Runner
05-31-06, 04:08 PM
Ive read in another forum that there are 'set surface' engagements in the game. And that one of them is between the Bismark and british dd's and BB's IN 1941. Is this true? :hmm:

And if so, have any of you engaged in this battle before?:D

lonehawknz
05-31-06, 04:31 PM
Take a look at the Sticky on U-Boat Stories. There you'll find my one about Operation Rheinubung...

:up:

andy_311
05-31-06, 05:36 PM
If your in the 2nd Flottilla your probly me miles away from the action even if you do get there **** will happen rain.heavy seas and heavy fog.Every time I encountered a situation like that something like that happens and it does not clear till I get home.

Umfuld
05-31-06, 05:53 PM
When and where? When and where? When and where?

:hmm:

Keelbuster
05-31-06, 06:50 PM
Or load up the SCR layer...

KB

Sailor Steve
06-01-06, 10:52 AM
Ive read in another forum that there are 'set surface' engagements in the game. And that one of them is between the Bismark and british dd's and BB's IN 1941. Is this true? :hmm:

And if so, have any of you engaged in this battle before?:D
1) Go to 'Single Missions'. You'll find it there.

2) Use any one of Rubini's later 'Harbour Traffic' mods, including the latest one, which is exclusive to Grey Wolves. He has included the Norway Invasion and Bismarck operations.

But you have to be in the right place at the right time. Use the Mission Editor to look at the SCR map.

andy_311
06-01-06, 03:52 PM
The action takes place NE of grid BE53 May 30 1941 Hit the Rodney with 3 fish in heavy fog and she went down. the kg could'nt find her and also took out 1 of the Cruisers then lost contact with all ships.

Schani
06-02-06, 11:54 AM
Just a small item. Correct spelling is Bismarck.

Pretty cool to be from a State that had a Battleship named after the State Capital. And not after the state name.:rotfl:

Subnuts
06-02-06, 12:00 PM
Just a small item. Correct spelling is Bismarck.

Pretty cool to be from a State that had a Battleship named after the State Capital. And not after the state name.:rotfl:
I'm afraid you've got your Bismarcks messed up. :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismarck

Umfuld
06-02-06, 01:09 PM
He has included the Norway InvasionYes. Just went through that. I rather enjoyed it. Troop transports aplenty!

Schani
06-02-06, 01:50 PM
I'm afraid you've got your Bismarcks messed up. :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismarck

That was meant to be a funny, ha ha. I do know my history. Forty years worth.

After all I've been to two county fairs and a rodeo.:D

Sailor Steve
06-03-06, 12:53 PM
Hey, I got it; but then I'm from Utah, so that doesn't mean much. North Dakota is one of the few states that Utahns call "small".

Schani
06-06-06, 09:40 AM
Hey, I got it; but then I'm from Utah, so that doesn't mean much. North Dakota is one of the few states that Utahns call "small".

You mean population wise, right? The Salt Lake City metro area is almost twice the size of our entire population. My niece/god child just graduated from U of Utah a couple of weeks ago:know: . I need to get out there again. Been a long time. Love driving into and through that Wasatch Range.:up:

Sailor Steve
06-06-06, 01:33 PM
You mean population wise, right? The Salt Lake City metro area is almost twice the size of our entire population.
On the other hand when I was making a living driving skiers to the resorts I loved telling them that as of the 2000 census we now have 2 million people...in the whole state!

Love driving into and through that Wasatch Range.:up:
It's one of the reasons I stay here. Absolutely great motorcycle country.

Schani
06-06-06, 03:52 PM
Our mountain irradication program here was a complete success.