PDA

View Full Version : Wolves at War II - Final Preperations

iblitz
05-31-06, 11:26 AM
Final preperations are being made and we should start WaW - Campaign II within the next several days. There are a few things I need to take care of, and then we are off. If you would lilke to enlist head over to the website www.wolvesatwar.org (http://www.wolvesatwar.org) or www.wolvesatwar.com (http://www.wolvesatwar.com) and check out more information and enlistment procedures. If you have questions you can pm me or just post below. We will cover just about every aspect of the war and then some. There will be dynamic events built in so we are making out own history, however using history as a guide. Hope to see you there... Just a heads-up that I am still updating the website...

Good Hunting

BdU
WaW

Rose
05-31-06, 07:10 PM
If we have completed training in WaW I do we need to train again? If our Kaleun did not perish, may we use him again?

CCIP
05-31-06, 07:51 PM
When did you complete your training? If you did this in the last week, then it's fine. Otherwise, training procedures have changed since WaW I, so you should do them again.

Ducimus
05-31-06, 08:05 PM
I'd try it out, but im burnt out on writing patrol logs.

Siegfried von Funk
05-31-06, 11:23 PM
Final preperations are being made and we should start WaW - Campaign II within the next several days. There are a few things I need to take care of, and then we are off. If you would lilke to enlist head over to the website www.wolvesatwar.org (http://www.wolvesatwar.org) or www.wolvesatwar.com (http://www.wolvesatwar.com) and check out more information and enlistment procedures. If you have questions you can pm me or just post below. We will cover just about every aspect of the war and then some. There will be dynamic events built in so we are making out own history, however using history as a guide. Hope to see you there... Just a heads-up that I am still updating the website...

Good Hunting

BdU
WaW

Hay Boss...Just looking for T Bar's latest Granny stuff. U-54 is ready to go, pending the mods. SvF 2 Flotte, Wilhelmshaven

nikpinero
06-02-06, 02:16 PM
I visited your site, and I was considering joining but I saw that external view must be disabled in order to join WAW. Is this absolutely necessary? The gameīs graphics are gorgeous, I canīt bring myself to disable external view.

Myxale
06-02-06, 03:31 PM
I'd try it out, but im burnt out on writing patrol logs. :cry:
Aww, Mate! Your logs were great. Why don't you just write logs in minimalistic :know: style...for a while. Till you finde the vibe:hmm: again!

Ducimus
06-02-06, 03:36 PM
:cry:
Aww, Mate! Your logs were great. Why don't you just write logs in minimalistic :know: style...for a while. Till you finde the vibe:hmm: again!
Can i pick my own boat? or is one assigned? (Yea yeah, i know, " go over and read the rules again mr attention deficet disorder! :88)) edit: Ewww you have to start in 1939? I'll pass, that part of the war, id have a hard time maintaining intrest. I started a career in 39, first patrol sunk a BB, got bored, deleted it. Just started another one in 41. First patrol, sank a BB on the way out from a task force intercept,and raided St johns harbor NE of halifax, and im already bored. :roll: Have to admit, i just installed NYGM ship damage mod and its given me a new zeal on teh game, but still.. im kinda burnt out. Early war just doesnt hold its appeal for me.

As for someones comment on external camera disabled.... i can see why, its a big crutch and gives you far more intell then you should have avialable.

iblitz
06-05-06, 10:57 AM
I visited your site, and I was considering joining but I saw that external view must be disabled in order to join WAW. Is this absolutely necessary? The gameīs graphics are gorgeous, I canīt bring myself to disable external view.

The external camera cannot be used to gain tactical advantage or during "combat", other than that it is allowed.

Heibges
06-05-06, 11:20 AM
As for someones comment on external camera disabled.... i can see why, its a big crutch and gives you far more intell then you should have avialable.

Using external cam while you are submerged would certainly give you way too much into, because being submerged was a major disadvantage due to this inability to gather accurate data.

But on the surface, if you keep it really near your boat and at bridge height, I find it more realistic than the Bridge View.

I say this because I used to be a tanker. If I could sit up in the cupola, and have a good look around I felt I always had excellent situational awareness. But when I had to drop down into the turret, and button up, I reall had no idea what the heck was going on.

The Bridge View has always just felt like an expanded Periscope View to me, and not really conveying the SA advantage being on the surface should.

But certainly like anything else, it is open to exploitation.