PDA

View Full Version : The Da Vinci Code

CB..
05-22-06, 06:50 PM
yup there's actually a game
im not a fan of the book haven't read it etc--but it sounds like a good premise for an adventure game bought it to day on the spur of the moment--

was some what surpised to note that my windows security settings had been altered after instaling it but figured maybe they were ****** with my head as part of the game --well i wouldn't put it past game devs these days--every ones trying to be a clever **** --i now have to log on when i start my PC LOL whats that all about???

any huw seemed kinda ok playing thru the first level decent graphics (yawn) so came across the first major puzzle -bit of decryption- havent read the book so it took me longer than might other wise have done-and im not overly brilliant at puzzles--ok solved the puzzle found the refered to object-- now have to answer the phone---this invloves knocking two policemen out-- use-ing the usual bizaare dance step button clicking in time to the music scenario so beloved of game devs these days--only thing is im 100% crap at this so after four attempts in which i get captured every time--AND the lack of any sensible save game option --this means i have to go back re do the previous puzzle --which even tho i now know the answer still takes a good few minutes---find the dang object again (no spoilers here for those who might like the game) then go and get captured by the guards again lol---yup i uninstalled it about thirty minutes ago---

they're not cheap these games by a long shot--hence frankly im getting cheesed of with being expected to play games like they were arcade beat em ups- regardless of the subject matter --there wasn't a "i just fancy a good story not super mario brothers right now thank you very much" option in the gameplay options-- i'm not twelve -my reactions are not fine tuned to the point of mania--nor do i want them fine tuned to the point of mania thank you very much-- lol---in a nut shell - feck hof :damn: :huh: :hmm: :rotfl: :doh:

kiwi_2005
09-19-06, 09:52 AM
Im just watching the Da Vinci Code now for the first time and im sure one of the actors was the captain of Das Boot:hmm:. Confusing for me is why is that monk torturing himself? wears that strap made of metal spikes or something around his thigh and gives himself a good wipping everynow and then:roll:

That Tom Hanks can act any character huh, liked him best as forester.

bradclark1
09-19-06, 12:04 PM
So they experience the pain of Christ or something like that.

NeonSamurai
09-19-06, 08:06 PM
Yep its definatly buyer beware when it comes to games. I always get the demo, and get several reviews on a game before i even think about buying any more. I also have learned which companies not to ever touch due to their abysmal track record with releasing good games, and patching broken ones.