PDA

View Full Version : 1914 Shells of Fury - The Submarine-War

El Dude
05-11-06, 03:40 PM
http://www.rondomedia.com/html/products.php?cat=1

Anyone have any more info about this one?

The Noob
05-13-06, 12:28 PM
I Secont that?

What strange company is that?

bradclark1
05-13-06, 05:40 PM
I don't know but no screen shots nor demo means to me that it is probably crap.

NeonSamurai
05-30-06, 12:14 AM
Im inclined to agree, probably not a sim at all but some 2d arcade game. Google search turned up hardly anything at all either. just us (subsim), simhq, the distributer's site and several russian sites, no screens anywhere.

Ship Hunter
05-30-06, 03:16 AM
MarineSims has Worldexclusive the first Screenshots and informations on this

look here http://www.marinesims.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=6854&sid=

Kapitan_Phillips
06-06-06, 02:14 PM
I think its looking pretty good so far, though I'm kind of expecting it to be one of those "everyone-else-is-doing-it-so-we'll-botch-one" games.

Would be nice to see some shots of the interior, too :)

bradclark1
06-06-06, 06:43 PM
Looks interesting. At first I thought it looked like a SHIII clone but then "How different can you make it?".
Betcha it's a couple of years down the road for release if it even makes it that far.

bradclark1
06-06-06, 06:55 PM
I used Fire Fox module FoxLingo on the page and it really says nothing except for expect a lot of media when it's going to be released.

NeonSamurai
06-07-06, 12:15 PM
yes it does vaguly resemble sh3 in the screens though not as well rendered as sh3 is. Graphics look dated, but then the screens could be of a very early build.

I guess the best attitude is wait and see, it may be realy good, it may be a drink coaster. :)

woofiedog
12-28-06, 05:07 PM
Have 1914 Shells of Fury up and running. A bit more like SHII... but with less features. One thing I'm having a little trouble with German language which it's printed in. It would of been a bit more easyer for user's if multi language was used.
There seems to be no Free View[could be a problem with above statement]... inside or outside the sub's.
Graphic's... some are better than SHII... but most are less. Some of the ships have decent modeling compared to SHII.
Sound... not thrilling.
Play... could be better... a lot better than some arcade games... but over all with a bit of work SoF could be a Fairly Good game. Will never match SHIII or SHII.
But over all... since it's the Only WWI sub game out there... it's Playable. It's Truely to Bad that the devoloper's did not place a bit more work into this game. It could have been a Decent game.