PDA

View Full Version : Attacked by Swordfish!?

mike_espo
03-21-06, 07:42 PM
Attacked by "stringbags" twice within an hour! About 50km southeast of Scapa Flow. April 1940...They succeded in damaging me pretty good! :(

Weather is terrible....15m/s winds and thunder and lighting.....waves are so high that my crew is submerged half the time...certainly not flying weather :nope: :stare: let alone do any damage....

I did not think in this horrible weather that I would be attacked by aircraft...especially the Swordfish..... :doh: :huh: :o

Are aircraft effected by the weather?

JCWolf
03-21-06, 07:49 PM
Attacked by "stringbags" twice within an hour! About 50km southeast of Scapa Flow. April 1940...They succeded in damaging me pretty good! :(

Weather is terrible....15m/s winds and thunder and lighting.....waves are so high that my crew is submerged half the time...certainly not flying weather :nope: :stare:

I did not think in this horrible weather that I would be attacked by aircraft...especially the Swordfish..... :doh: :huh: :o

For WW II planes ,shore they didn't fly with that weather!!!
Impossible! :rock:

That seams to be some outstanding Pilots!!! :o

The Noob
03-21-06, 08:35 PM
.......................or crazy.Or stupid.Or Both.

andy_311
03-21-06, 09:58 PM

Weather is terrible....15m/s winds and thunder and lighting.....waves are so high that my crew is submerged half the time...certainly not flying weather :nope: :stare: let alone do any damage....

I would have said Yes they are,but in my last escapade with planes I got attacked when it was 15m/s winds rain and heavy fog well it just changed from heavy seas to thick pea soup but that didn't stop those pby's .But now Iv'e got GreyWolves installed god knows what's going to happen?

mike_espo
03-21-06, 10:46 PM
Have SHIII commander, btty fix, hollywood's damage mod, NYGM crew management mod,

Can't see how in 1940, in a gale, that a swordfish, could damage me...17% hull integrity....no way! :nope: :down:

In reality, a swordfish-stringbag could not even get off the ground in a gale.... :roll: :huh:

Maybe in 1944- a catalina or a liberator..maybe.