PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander problem..

CWorth
03-21-06, 02:26 PM
I was using SH3 Commander with no problems..until today.

Just last night I ran a patrol using it..this afternoon I go to play again and click the icon and I get this error..

"Access violation at address 7C913144 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00403FE9"

I am completely confused as it worked fine last time I used it but not when I went to use it again.And the thing is nothing changed in my system since i last ran it.I played the patrol and then went to bed.Got up and now it is not working.

JCWolf
03-21-06, 02:37 PM

Just last night I ran a patrol using it..this afternoon I go to play again and click the icon and I get this error..

"Access violation at address 7C913144 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00403FE9"

I am completely confused as it worked fine last time I used it but not when I went to use it again.And the thing is nothing changed in my system since i last ran it.I played the patrol and then went to bed.Got up and now it is not working.

If i was you the best is to uninstall the SH3 program and install it again, I've done it sometimes cause of errors like that, also if you uninstall back up whatever you've got from your current car. :up:

Fresh install resolves huge problems on almost everything PC related! :up:

JScones
03-22-06, 02:20 AM

Can you give me some more details? ie were you mid-patrol? beginning of a patrol? etc when you reloaded SH3Cmdr. What mods do you have installed?

Perhaps zip and send me the career files (under "\My Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\<Capt Name>") so I can have a look on my machine?

I'm happy to look for the cause of any of these type of error messages as they suggest something sinister with the SH3 save files. Indeed, this kind of error message has been the start of many SH3Cmdr "workarounds" to avoid SH3 "anomalies"!

CWorth
03-23-06, 06:44 AM
I uninstalled SH3 and will be reinstalling SH3 and SH3 Commander again today so I will let you know if the problem pops back up.

The only mods I had running were the Grey Wolves mod and tankeriv's seafloor mod for 64MB cards.