PDA

View Full Version : Dive Time

andy_311
03-18-06, 09:15 PM
i did a search but did not get any results that answered my question.MyCURRENT BOAT IS A ixc/40 and it takes the boat nearly 40 seconds to hit pd is there a way I can reduce this ? I know it's unrealistic but a dive time of 40 secs can be lethal I got caught on the surface by a cruiser and by the time I got to pd my hull integrity was down to 15% in about 25 seconds flat.

VonHelsching
03-18-06, 11:44 PM
Sounds quite normal for an IXC/40.

You ARE supposed to die by it later in the war for that reason, esp. with airplanes. The only thing you can do to is, once you hav a snorkel, to raise it while chrash diving at flank speed (not turning!) to gain some extra time with your diesels.

Kpt. Lehmann
03-19-06, 07:05 PM
You can also run with decks awash... one of the features enabled in GW.

This cuts your crash-dive time nearly in half. :up:

Ducimus
03-21-06, 07:40 PM
Ive been out of the loop for awhile, and havent modded anything recently so this is by memory.

I forget which tool you need, i think its TT's Tweaker.

Load up the submarine.zon file i think, its either that file or the other one.

Look for the variable "MBT_flood" or words to that effect.

if you examine this variable for ALL the uboats, if i remember correctly what you'll find is it varies slighty from the type II's to the Typ7B and C's.

I beleive the higher the number, the faster the flooding. If i recal, the XXI has a floodrate of like 12000, while a VII has a floodrate of 9000, and i think IX boats around 7000. (again by memory here, just a rough ballpark figure).

So tinker with that. Theres also one other variable i think is involved but i forget what it is, rudder/hydroplane drag might be it. My gut feeling is that displacement is also used somehow - but just stick with MBT_Flood for starters.

My personal advice is, don't go overboard. Ive messed with this awhile ago and accentuated the dive time difference that i beleive is supposed exist the various boats by a couple seconds. (IE an IXB being quicker on the dive then an IXC)

Gameplay balanced realism so to speak.

HEMISENT
03-22-06, 07:29 AM
It's in the NSS#_Uboat/Sim/ flooding/manBT_flood speed=

Tinker with the settings but don't go overrboard.
I just did a whole pack of these for the sabotage mod.
In diesel propulsion there's also the dive plane drag settings & rudder drag settings. The rudder drag settings help to increase/decrease rate of turn. Haven't messed with the dive plane settings yet-that's next on the list.

andy_311
03-22-06, 05:52 PM
I just got GW up and running without any ctd's (touch wood) but I have printed this topic out so I will know in future. thanks for all the advice.

WolfyBrandon
03-22-06, 06:10 PM
Id also like to tinker with the dive time for my VIIB. Watching the boat dive in 3D, I think it could be improved a little bit. Id also like to make my boat dive faster to simmulate my crew's skills improving... :up:

Wolfy