PDA

View Full Version : IUB 1.03 (again)

frogdog
03-16-06, 09:52 AM
What happened to the IUB 1.03 (and 1.02) download in the SH3 library? If it reappears...is it worth installing? If so, is there another source for downloading other than the SH3 library?

scandium
03-16-06, 09:55 AM
I got it from here: http://mpgtext.net/u-boot/

I like it a lot and think its definitely worth downloading.

odinfish
03-16-06, 09:57 AM
http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/ this link has it for sure. :D

Mil_tera
03-16-06, 09:58 AM
http://www.u-boot.realsimulation.com/

Go to the sh3 download section, agree with the terms, and its in big letters on the page. Its quite hard to miss..:)

Anyways, I've installed and played it last night...I think its a great improvement so far, eventhough I haven't played for a long time.

I had to do some playing around with the files in order for it to work but you have to look in your other thread for that.

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=49872

Mil_tera
03-16-06, 09:59 AM
hmm....well I have the feeling that you won't have problems finding this link..:rotfl:

frogdog
03-16-06, 10:03 AM
I must be blind or stupid (or both). I can't identify the download in the SH3 library I'm looking at. What's it identified as?

Mil_tera
03-16-06, 10:07 AM
Okay...you asked for it....:huh:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/Silent_runner/iub103.jpg

:huh: :hmm: :up:

frogdog
03-16-06, 10:07 AM
Turns out I'm not blind after all...just stupid.

Mil_tera
03-16-06, 10:08 AM
hahahaha...I must admit that the first time the first IUB came available I used to scroll down straight away as well missing the big huge link.....so I'm just happy I am not the only one pulling stunts like that!...:yep:

terrapin
03-16-06, 10:24 AM
Okay...you asked for it....:huh:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f342/Silent_runner/iub103.jpg

:huh: :hmm: :up:

:rotfl: ...appearance *slightly* changed...

frogdog
03-16-06, 10:33 AM
I'm the kind of guy that... if he could just figure out a way to get out of the harbor would be a terror on the high seas!

Mil_tera
03-16-06, 10:34 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I just saw the little change you made......its very clear now!!!!!

Excelent!!!!! :up:

So whats next? Flashing neon lights? :lol:

terrapin
03-16-06, 10:37 AM
...you'll see next week :)

JonZ
03-16-06, 01:59 PM
I must admit, when I downloaded for the first time IuB 1.02 before I get involved in 1.03, I had to ask people where the link was.

Turned out that I was stupid as well :doh:

It a reflect. People tend to see the link as a big headline title instead of an actual hyperlink.

jasondef
03-16-06, 02:01 PM
If it was a snake...

fredbass
03-16-06, 07:46 PM
ok, I can't seem to unzip the file. My computer doesn't seem to recognize the .7z file. Shouldn't I be able to open that file with winrar or winzip??

AO1_AW_SW_USN
03-16-06, 08:02 PM
I can't get the JSGME to enable the mod.

I uninstalled SH3, deleted all related files and then restarted. After that I re-installed SH3, installed the 1.4b patch, installed JSGME and SH3 Commander. Opened SH3 Commander preformed a "Rollback" (just in case) and unzipped IUB 1.03 with Zip Genius into my "MODS" folder. I then enabled the mod and started SH3.

No luck, the stock SH3 introduction screen plays and the mod did not function.

I've also noticed that with IUB 1.02 there was a .exe installation software that unzipped the files for you. That .exe did not come with IUB 1.03.

What am I doing different than the rest of you guys?

panthercules
03-16-06, 10:27 PM
I haven't tried this one yet (loved IUB 1.02, but am currently on patrol trying out NYGM-TW), but one thing I would check is your directory structure in your unzipped IUB 1.03 in your MOD folder - many times when I unpack things into there, it winds up with an extra layer of folders, so instead (for example) of having it be something like ...\MODS\NameOfMod\data... , it winds up being something like ...\MODS\NameOfMod\NameOfMod\data...

When this happens during the unzip process, since the "data" folder isn't the first folder under the "NameOfMod" folder, JSGME chokes/fails when it tries to activate the mod, because it's expecting to start with the "data" folder and not with the extra "NameOfMod" folder.

You may have a different problem, but I'd check for this first of I were you.

Good luck and good hunting!

AO1_AW_SW_USN
03-16-06, 10:42 PM
The same sugestion was given to me at the UBI.com forums. I'll give it a try later (I'm at work right now- night shift in the US).

Thanks for the reply. :up:

JonZ
03-17-06, 02:05 AM
I don't recall the original IuB 1.02 having an auto installer. It was an auto extractor, which was impossible for me to do because of the large file. Maybe on the Official 1.03 release.

Just remember to have the latest JSGME (out lately) and drop the folder which contain Data folder in the MODS folder. You should be ok with that. If you drop the wrong folder, it will just install elsewhere in your computer.

JoNZ

Cheapskate
03-17-06, 03:12 AM
ok, I can't seem to unzip the file. My computer doesn't seem to recognize the .7z file. Shouldn't I be able to open that file with winrar or winzip??

WinRar ought to do it. I've got the 3.5 version and it seems to work OK on 7z files. However, you might like to get yourself a copy of 7Zip.....it is free, after all :D

Another possibility is that you have got a bad download. Have you checked the size of the archive? I had an incomplete file the first time I tried to d/l 1.03. This was reported as " unrecognised file format" by my unzipper which btw, was 7z !!!. This puzzled me until I checked the file size and realised I was a couple of mb short!

Mil_tera
03-17-06, 03:17 AM
Hey guys, for the ones that have trouble installing the mod through JSGME please look at this. It seems that the zipfile has a IUB103 directory and in that directory another improved uboat 103 directory. So read! :o

1. remove all mods installed
2. Rollback SH3 comander
3. Unzip the IUB103 file.
4. Start up windows explorer and go to the IUB103 directory. Double click on it. Inthere is a directory called Improved uboat 103. Cut and past this directory in your mod directory. and install it through JSGME.
5. Reload SH3 commander.
6. start game...it looks totally different now..

If this doesn't work....READ IT AGAIN!!!! :o