PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher Class Destroyers

andy_311
03-14-06, 08:36 PM
Can anyone tell me how do I put a couple of numbers on the hull's of the Fletcher class DDs?

AG124
03-14-06, 08:50 PM
You would need to edit the tga files. However, the number will appear reversed on one side. Most ships in the game have this problem. :shifty:

andy_311
03-15-06, 08:53 AM
I see thanks for the advice.

iambecomelife
03-15-06, 06:25 PM
[Insert rant about mediocre texturing here] :D

Seriously, there's something else you need to watch out for. The Fletcher is a one skin ship, with each unit sharing one tga file. You'll need to clone it with Sansal's Pack3d tool if you want to see ships with different numbers ingame, unless you know how to hex edit it as a multi-skin ship (like most merchants).

AG124
03-15-06, 06:59 PM
I didn't realize Sergbuto hadn't made that one multi-skinned. I thought he had included it in that warship pack on his site. Now I see it isn't listed there. :oops:

I have been trying to make my Coastal Tanker multi-skinned. Sergbuto has given me the name of someone who may be able to teach me how. (lurbz is his name).

BTW - Is the picture in my signature showing up for everyone? I can't see it anymore. :-?

iambecomelife
03-15-06, 07:12 PM
No; I can't see it.

andy_311
03-15-06, 07:27 PM
It was just a thought I never have attempted anything like this before am no expert on editing files and when it comes to the hex editor am totally lost.