PDA

View Full Version : When does the IX become available in career mode?

Subotai
03-12-06, 10:38 PM
I am doing a career and it is March 1940 and there are still only two flotillas and the 7th is still based in Kiel and has not been relocated yet. When does this happen? I want to use the IX asap and I don't remember it taking this long for the flotillas to update and it to become available.

I saw one person here who had a IX in December of 1939. How did they manage that?

Torplexed
03-13-06, 12:57 AM
You haven't much further to go. The IXs generally become available in late 1940 after the fall of France when the Atlantic ports become active. Of course, you can also cheat and get one earlier by modifying the career files. ;)

Subotai
03-13-06, 01:54 AM
You haven't much further to go. The IXs generally become available in late 1940 after the fall of France when the Atlantic ports become active. Of course, you can also cheat and get one earlier by modifying the career files. ;)

Is there anything online that shows you how to mod them?

JScones
03-13-06, 02:29 AM
Slow down a bit! Have you actually checked what Flotillas get what subs and when? If you are running stock SH3, check out http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Career_Timeline . If you're running SH3Cmdr, check out the Help file, as the availability dates have been "corrected" for the 1st, 2nd and 7th Flotillas.

jasondef
03-13-06, 04:24 AM
You have to transfer to Flotilla 2 to get access to the type IX early in the game. The IXB is available almost right away in OCT '39. The IXC becomes available July '41, unless you're using the SH3 Commander mod (highly reccomend this) then it is made more historically accurate and available in Jan '41. In either case you need to be in Flotilla 2.

Quillan
03-13-06, 09:35 AM
The 7th flotilla never has access to the Type IX in the stock game, so if you stay there the option will never appear.

Noè
03-13-06, 09:52 AM
I'm in the 2nd flotilla , Sept.1940 and the IXB s avaiable but not the VIIC ... i'd like the VIIC, someone know when it will be avaible?

Noè
03-13-06, 09:54 AM
Ok sorry,my foult...i just read at http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Career_Timeline and i saw it 's not avaiable in 2nd flotilla :oops: