PDA

View Full Version : Karle's German Cheering Mod Ver1.0

KptnLt Eric Karle
03-12-06, 10:32 AM
Last week sometime I downloaded Syxx Killers excellent Bug Fixer Compilation which included the fix for the German Speech Crew cheering. Having always played with German Speech I never knew until then that the those using English Speech had a crew cheer when a torpedo hit a target. Chuffed that someone had fixed the German Speech dat file I installed the fix and headed out on patrol. Well those of you that have installed this fix and anyone who plays with English Speech (which always worked apparantly) can guess how disappointed I was when my first torpedo struck and all I heard was a single feeble voice saying "Yey".

Now there are several varients of this pathetic "Yey" so what I did was grab them all and trawl the internet for as many sound files of men cheering, whistling and clapping as I could find. I've mixed them together and now release the German version for anyone who wants it.

The mod is available from: http://rapidshare.de/files/15322330/Karles_German_Cheering_Mod.zip.html

Edit: and now thanks to terrapin the mod is also available from http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/

the filesize is just over one Meg. The mod includes EAF274 Johan's (I think he fixed the problem) German Cheer fix (if you already have it then just delete the Library folder before installing. The mod is set up to work with the JSGME Mod Enabler Utility. Please backup your Speech Folder especially if you are installing manually.

Hopefully this will do justice to any Kaleun's targetting efforts. If enough people want the English Speech version I will make one in a later version.

Thanks to MarkQuinn, for his help testing this mod :up: :up:

Enjoy

Schultzy
03-12-06, 10:39 AM
Donkschen. :cool:

irish1958
03-12-06, 10:41 AM
I would like an English version.
irish1958

EAF274 Johan
03-12-06, 10:44 AM
Sounds a lot better indeed, thanks :)

JonZ
03-12-06, 12:20 PM
sounds very cool :huh:

JCWolf
03-12-06, 12:36 PM
Sorry guys, but gona give mi opinion , pls. don't understand me rongly....

Sound efectivly are very good and ok, but i really don't think that after sinking a ship a German subs crew would make an infernos claping party under the water and mostly if they are close to a convoy or enemy Warships.... :rock:

Remember this is just my opinion as i'm not an expert in sound efects or like it...but how about, if you mix the original YEAH screem with another lighter backgroung sound of cheers....???!!! :up:

Really thanks anyway for sharing it bro....
Preaty shore it took hours od work to achieve this final result bro... :up: :up:

KptnLt Eric Karle
03-12-06, 01:17 PM
Sorry guys, but gona give mi opinion , pls. don't understand me rongly....

Sound efectivly are very good and ok, but i really don't think that after sinking a ship a German subs crew would make an infernos claping party under the water and mostly if they are close to a convoy or enemy Warships.... :rock:

Remember this is just my opinion as i'm not an expert in sound efects or like it...but how about, if you mix the original YEAH screem with another lighter backgroung sound of cheers....???!!! :up:

Really thanks anyway for sharing it bro....
Preaty shore it took hours od work to achieve this final result bro... :up: :up:

I understand, exactly where you are comming from jcwolf, but with a ship going down, bulkheads shearing, secondary explosions going off ect, I think a couple of seconds jubilation would hardly have put the uboat in any more danger then it was when the torpedo struck, announcing it's presence in the first place

MarkQuinn
03-12-06, 02:01 PM
I understand, exactly where you are comming from jcwolf, but with a ship going down, bulkheads shearing, secondary explosions going off ect, I think a couple of seconds jubilation would hardly have put the uboat in any more danger then it was when the torpedo struck, announcing it's presence in the first place

I agree. Let's remember that we may have time compression, but the real crews sailed in 1x time only. :) Their whole purpose for being out there was to sink enemy tonnage. They risked their lives, confronted dangers from Allied ships and planes, and fought perhaps the most daunting foe each day: long, arduous, almost debilitating boredom. On those occasions when they were successful doing what they were assigned to do, and in such grand fashion, I think a commander would be hard-pressed to keep his crew quiet.

How many of us have shouted in joy when our torps hit their mark and broke the enemy's back? And this is just a game. Imagine it in real life!

MQ

JCWolf
03-12-06, 02:06 PM

I agree. Let's remember that we may have time compression, but the real crews sailed in 1x time only. :) Their whole purpose for being out there was to sink enemy tonnage. They risked their lives, confronted dangers from Allied ships and planes, and fought perhaps the most daunting foe each day: long, arduous, almost debilitating boredom. On those occasions when they were successful doing what they were assigned to do, and in such grand fashion, I think a commander would be hard-pressed to keep his crew quiet.

How many of us have shouted in joy when our torps hit their mark and broke the enemy's back? And this is just a game. Imagine it in real life!

MQ

you could be right on that but the question of the crew beeing quiet, i bellieve that after all they would realise for themsellfs that beeing quiet most of the times could mean salvation from tuff situations....

I do not bellieave that the Capt. even needed to say when it was supose to be quiet or not....They just knew exactlly when! :up:

There is also another situation that purhaps it's hardcoded in the game is , when you mean silent running, it's silent running, no noise at all, no cheers, no screeming no talking or falling objects on the sub....that was ment to avoid sonar enemy detection, as it was one off the way the above enemy ships would problably detected most of times subs during WWII, in the game that doesn't hapend cause you keep listening for all kinds of noises, and maybe the only thing that changes is your radio or hidro. man info on above ship

status and situation...

It is some how frustrating that you've got silent running mode on and listening to some crew member screaming...

"warship spoted sir, Bearing 029 moving Fast closing"

It reminds me that i have to make a sound efect, for that, the Capt.
Aswr.:

" Thank you Hanz , can you climb to the conning tower a wave the enemy, to give better our position..." :D

Myxale
03-12-06, 02:50 PM
Wow, Scheiße! Das ist fett!

Gutel Arbeit Kaleun Karle! DAnke!

VonHelsching
03-12-06, 02:51 PM
Thanks KptnLt Eric Karle! :up:

SubSerpent
03-12-06, 03:20 PM
I agree that the cheering a clapping is a bit annoying. Some of the cheers I've heard make me think that I have a chimpanzee onboard ( :hmm: maybe that's where the bananas have gone) Anyways, when I order SILENT RUNNING, that means that I don't want to hear a peep from any of the crew if a torpedo hits. I remember in Das Boot the crew and the Captain smiled and quietly laughed to themselves with joy of hitting a ship. I don't recall a lone crew member screaming out 'YEA' or 'YAY' or 'YEY' or "YEE-HAWL" when the ship was struck. There was that retarded laugh from the Chief when they sighted 'Thompson's' U-boat out in rough seas. Also, the only reason why anybody in that movie made the slightest bit of joy about sinking the ship was that it had been a month of misery without even seeing a ship out at sea and wanting to get a kill before going home.

A proper fix would be... A few voices in the background using a soft whispering chit-chat tone of voice and sounding a little cheery with the Captain letting out a soft 'shiiiish' to his crew while at silent running towards the end. Now if the U-boat is not at silent running I could understand a little bit more cheer in the U-boat but not just one lone screamer yelling out 'YAY'.

Ever watch 'Crank Yankers'? That one lone scream reminds me of that 'Special Ed' Puppet that always yelled 'YAY - I've got mail' or 'YAY - I wanta go to Hawaii'

JonZ
03-12-06, 03:44 PM
I agree that the cheering a clapping is a bit annoying. Some of the cheers I've heard make me think that I have a chimpanzee onboard ( :hmm: maybe that's where the bananas have gone) Anyways, when I order SILENT RUNNING, that means that I don't want to here a peep from any of the crew if a torpedo hits. I remember in Das Boot the crew and the Captain smiled and quietly laughed to themselves with joy of hitting a ship. I don't recall a lone crew member screaming out 'YEA' or 'YAY' or 'YEY' or "YEE-HAWL" when the ship was struck. There was that retarded laugh from the Chief when they sighted 'Thompson's' U-boat out in rough seas. Also, the only reason why anybody in that movie made the slightest bit of joy about sinking the ship was that it had been a month of misery without even seeing a ship out at sea and wanting to get a kill before going home.

A proper fix would be... A few voices in the background using a soft whispering chit-chat tone of voice and sounding a little cheery with the Captain letting out a soft 'shiiiish' to his crew while at silent running towards the end. Now if the U-boat is not at silent running I could understand a little bit more cheer in the U-boat but not just one lone screamer yelling out 'YAY'.

Ever watch 'Crank Yankers'? That one lone scream reminds me of that 'Special Ed' Puppet that always yelled 'YAY - I've got mail' or 'YAY - I wanta go to Hawaii'

That's about the same feeling I have about this mod. It a great mod, but can become quickly a curse. IuB have a similar approach when crew cheers when a torpedo impact is confirmed, it a low and quiet cheers that reminds you that you are in a sub :yep:

The good thing about this mod is it randomized, unlike in IuB 103. You should tweak it so it don't make look the crew retarded like Serpent said :D

JonZ

JCWolf
03-12-06, 04:17 PM
I agree that the cheering a clapping is a bit annoying. Some of the cheers I've heard make me think that I have a chimpanzee onboard ( :hmm: maybe that's where the bananas have gone) Anyways, when I order SILENT RUNNING, that means that I don't want to here a peep from any of the crew if a torpedo hits. I remember in Das Boot the crew and the Captain smiled and quietly laughed to themselves with joy of hitting a ship. I don't recall a lone crew member screaming out 'YEA' or 'YAY' or 'YEY' or "YEE-HAWL" when the ship was struck. There was that retarded laugh from the Chief when they sighted 'Thompson's' U-boat out in rough seas. Also, the only reason why anybody in that movie made the slightest bit of joy about sinking the ship was that it had been a month of misery without even seeing a ship out at sea and wanting to get a kill before going home.

Thats exactelly mi point! :up:

As i talled on mi previouse post, it's very good sounds if you manage to make a sound like SS is explaining... :up:

I think! Really the yeah that sometimes you listen in the SHIII isn't that bad considering the" party "that actually is that sound you've made...Not bad but not apropriated for a Sub Simulation, i think! :-?

Average Joe
03-12-06, 05:41 PM
About the crew cheers, etc.,

There's another mod (Das Boot sounds?) where the crew gets very cheery and loud after a torpedo hit. After the yelling, the Captain basically tells them to 'BE QUIET!' :cool:

KptnLt Eric Karle
03-13-06, 03:39 AM
I understand that a mod like this isn't for everybody. I tend to play my game on low TC, never more then X64 until I'm heading home with no torpedos or shells left. This means that there are long periods between attacks on ships (using the integrated orders mod, I go to the captains bunk, read a book, drink coffee and let the crew take care of things), so I don't get to hear the cheering repeated at short intervals, perhaps if I did I would feel very different about it.

The way I feel about is, that given the unbelievable tension and stress that combat uboat crews must have lived under for long periods and the fact that a torpedo has ripped into and exploded inside a target, which is now sinking, possibly breaking up with probable secondary explosions going off. A few seconds of jubilation would be an entirely natural and healthy response. One which a Kaleun, I believe, would allow for the sake of morale while obviously ensuring that it didn't get out of hand. With the kind of noise that an exploding and sinking ship would make, a few seconds of cheering would not IMO put the uboat in any additional danger.

It is at times like these that I curse my lack of German. Having to depend of sound files trawled from the internet is not the prefered option. The sound files I used were the most suitable I could find, and believe me it is not easy to find sounds this specific. If anyone wants to volunteer to record some cheering and maybe German expressions, I will be making further versions of this mod, trying to refine and improve it and would include as many decent recording as possible. I know I'll never please everybody, especially you bunch (Joke) :D

JCWolf
03-13-06, 07:32 AM
I understand that a mod like this isn't for everybody. I tend to play my game on low TC, never more then X64 until I'm heading home with no torpedos or shells left. This means that there are long periods between attacks on ships (using the integrated orders mod, I go to the captains bunk, read a book, drink coffee and let the crew take care of things), so I don't get to hear the cheering repeated at short intervals, perhaps if I did I would feel very different about it.

The way I feel about is, that given the unbelievable tension and stress that combat uboat crews must have lived under for long periods and the fact that a torpedo has ripped into and exploded inside a target, which is now sinking, possibly breaking up with probable secondary explosions going off. A few seconds of jubilation would be an entirely natural and healthy response. One which a Kaleun, I believe, would allow for the sake of morale while obviously ensuring that it didn't get out of hand. With the kind of noise that an exploding and sinking ship would make, a few seconds of cheering would not IMO put the uboat in any additional danger.

It is at times like these that I curse my lack of German. Having to depend of sound files trawled from the internet is not the prefered option. The sound files I used were the most suitable I could find, and believe me it is not easy to find sounds this specific. If anyone wants to volunteer to record some cheering and maybe German expressions, I will be making further versions of this mod, trying to refine and improve it and would include as many decent recording as possible. I know I'll never please everybody, especially you bunch (Joke) :D

Yeah, i know what you mean about hard to find, cause right now i'm working on something to a Mod i'm working on to SHIII and the obviouse place to look around is around the Web, just sometimes sounds for example you can find on Music stores sound efects compilations, i misellf both one ages ago for a job i was working on, those sound efects are used for variouse mixing porpuses, and maybe i can chek out some friends of mine from that time just to ask about some recordings that they've got!

I'll tell you something latter on! :up:

JCWolf
03-13-06, 05:59 PM
Last week sometime I downloaded Syxx Killers excellent Bug Fixer Compilation which included the fix for the German Speech Crew cheering. Having always played with German Speech I never knew until then that the those using English Speech had a crew cheer when a torpedo hit a target. Chuffed that someone had fixed the German Speech dat file I installed the fix and headed out on patrol. Well those of you that have installed this fix and anyone who plays with English Speech (which always worked apparantly) can guess how disappointed I was when my first torpedo struck and all I heard was a single feeble voice saying "Yey".

Now there are several varients of this pathetic "Yey" so what I did was grab them all and trawl the internet for as many sound files of men cheering, whistling and clapping as I could find. I've mixed them together and now release the German version for anyone who wants it.

The mod is available from: http://rapidshare.de/files/15322330/Karles_German_Cheering_Mod.zip.html

the filesize is just over one Meg. The mod includes EAF274 Johan's (I think he fixed the problem) German Cheer fix (if you already have it then just delete the Library folder before installing. The mod is set up to work with the JSGME Mod Enabler Utility. Please backup your Speech Folder especially if you are installing manually.

Hopefully this will do justice to any Kaleun's targetting efforts. If enough people want the English Speech version I will make one in a later version.

Thanks to MarkQuinn, for his help testing this mod :up: :up:

Enjoy

Hello bud, just to help you i've been searching and talking to some friendes of mine and tomorrow will have some sites with free wave sond efects for you....but...

Visited this one and have a look for yoursellf bro...

http://www.grsites.com/sounds/

Hope this is at least a start for helping you, tomorrow will give you some other with speatch sound waves in all diferent languages....and frases... :up: :rock: :rock:

SubSerpent
03-13-06, 07:19 PM
Regardless if the enemy knows that a U-boat is around because of another ship being struck by a torpedo does not mean they know exactly where the torpedo came from. But when a crew cheers and screams out loud "YEY" or "YAY' or YEE-HAWL" you can bet that - that would help an enemy DD find the U-boat that launched the torpedo. Makes me want to strangle the screamer. IF he wants to cheer and dance around he can save that for times when we are not engaging the enemy and the coast is clear and when I don't have silent running ordered.

XXi
03-13-06, 08:44 PM
Some have to much clatch, in my opinion. But besides it`s not that bad...

Kpt. Lehmann
03-13-06, 09:40 PM
Regardless if the enemy knows that a U-boat is around because of another ship being struck by a torpedo does not mean they know exactly where the torpedo came from. But when a crew cheers and screams out loud "YEY" or "YAY' or YEE-HAWL" you can bet that - that would help an enemy DD find the U-boat that launched the torpedo. Makes me want to strangle the screamer. IF he wants to cheer and dance around he can save that for times when we are not engaging the enemy and the coast is clear and when I don't have silent running ordered.

The acoustics in the water following an explosive detonation are ruined... not for seconds... but for MINUTES after such an event.

Theoretically whether the crew cheered or not following a torpedo detonation would be quite unlikely to cause any problems relative to detection.

You can sure bet that there was occasionally screaming when U-Boats were being depth-charged... and the same acoustic principles apply.

These concepts would be especially true the closer the boat is to the point of impact.

So for all of you who LIKE to hear a happy crew... enable those cheers, make them sound like whatever you want and feel good about it! It is certainly plausible.

:ping:

Fish In The Water
03-24-11, 05:21 AM
Realism debates aside, this mod is a thousand times better than the 'stock' cheer files. Pardon the huge bump but I just wanted to say thank you to KptnLt Eric Karle. Nice job mate, appreciate it! :up:

KptnLt Eric Karle
03-24-11, 07:04 AM
Thanks Fish In The Water, I'm glad you like it and thanks for taking the trouble of looking for this old thread I appreciate it mate

Victor Schutze
03-24-11, 08:43 AM
Thanks Fish In The Water, I'm glad you like it and thanks for taking the trouble of looking for this old thread I appreciate it mate

KptnLt Eric Karle,

I wanted to download your Karle's Sept39-Aug40 Radio Mod but it is the same file as your Karle's Enigma Codebook (Flash). Are you aware of this?

KptnLt Eric Karle
03-24-11, 09:20 AM
KptnLt Eric Karle,

I wanted to download your Karle's Sept39-Aug40 Radio Mod but it is the same file as your Karle's Enigma Codebook (Flash). Are you aware of this?

Oops, sorry about that mate I will sort it out and let you know when it's fixed:oops:

EDIT: OK Link in my signature now points to the correct file, Thanks to Victor Schutze for pointing out my mistake

Victor Schutze
03-24-11, 09:55 AM
Downloading now! Thank you for your mod mate!:salute::woot:

KptnLt Eric Karle
03-24-11, 10:42 AM
Your very welcome, hope you like it :up: