PDA

View Full Version : JSGME v1.3.4 now available! *v1.4.0 testers wanted!*

JScones
03-12-06, 12:46 AM
v1.3.4(.43) of the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler is now available at http://members.iinet.net.au/~jscones/software/products/jsgme.zip

This release includes some very minor updates:
- Now only allows one instance to run at any time
- Reading mod documentation is now extended to enabled/activated mods
- Added ability to check the internet for updates
- Minor enhancements to interface and code

Latest screenshot:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jscones/software/screenshots/JSGME.gif

This is a non-essential upgrade. Unless you want these features, you do not need to download. However, if your version of the Mod Enabler is less than v1.3.0, I recommend downloading this version.

If you are running v1.3.0 or above, you do *NOT* need to disable any mods before using this version, simply unzip over your current version of JSGME.

JonZ
03-12-06, 12:59 AM
Where is the clap emoticon when you need it

oh well, there's always this emoticon:

:rock:

;)

Thanks! downloading it right now.

VON_CAPO
03-12-06, 01:02 AM

VonHelsching
03-12-06, 01:48 AM
:/\k:

Thanks JS!

Average Joe
03-12-06, 02:54 AM
Yes thanks much for continued updates! :up:

Geesh I wish the FS9 flight-sim community packed mods with JSGME in mind. Works perfectly for me, after making proper folder-structures for the add-ons.

JonZ
03-12-06, 04:38 AM
Hey JScones,

Is it possible to make JSGME running as a single instance only?

I think I messed up SH3 installations so many times by forgeting that JSGME was already opened it :doh:

JScones
03-12-06, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I've done that too. I'll have a look into it. Thanks for reminding me!

EDIT: I've just added code to prevent more than one instance running. Apologies if you have already downloaded. New version is 1.3.4.43.

JonZ
03-12-06, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I've done that too. I'll have a look into it. Thanks for reminding me!

EDIT: I've just added code to prevent more than one instance running. Apologies if you have already downloaded. New version is 1.3.4.43.

I'll releoad it with pleasure ;) thanks for taking your time to take care of my concern :rock:

JCWolf
03-12-06, 08:08 AM
v1.3.4(.43) of the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler is now available at http://members.iinet.net.au/~jscones/software/products/jsgme.zip

This release includes some very minor updates:
- Now only allows one instance to run at any time
- Reading mod documentation is now extended to enabled/activated mods
- Added ability to check the internet for updates
- Minor enhancements to interface and code

Latest screenshot:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jscones/software/screenshots/JSGME.gif

This is a non-essential upgrade. Unless you want these features, you do not need to download. However, if your version of the Mod Enabler is less than v1.3.0, I recommend downloading this version.

If you are running v1.3.0 or above, you do *NOT* need to disable any mods before using this version, simply unzip over your current version of JSGME.

Hello ther Mate, just a question or 2! :up:

I've now active your last previous version v1.3.3.41, i should , delete the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler exe inside the SH III directory and past this one inside and than follow the normal
steps.... Correct me if i'm rong Mate!!! :D

The Avon Lady
03-12-06, 08:12 AM
I've now active your last previous version v1.3.3.41, i should , delete the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler exe inside the SH III directory and past this one inside and than follow the normal
steps.... Correct me if i'm rong Mate!!! :D
As the last line of the 1st post says:

"simply unzip over your current version of JSGME."

Samwolf
03-12-06, 02:24 PM
Reading mod documentation is now extended to enabled/activated mods

How do I do this? Does this mean I can read the documentation while in the Mod Enabler?

WolfyBrandon
03-12-06, 03:06 PM
Where is the clap emoticon when you need it

http://67.18.37.17/2179/50/emo/clap.gif
You mean this one? hehe

Nice work JScones, if I want to upgrade from my old version will I have to disable all my mods and enable them again? or can I install over the old version? how does that work?

Thanks
Wolfy

SubSerpent
03-12-06, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure what the big deal is about it? The first Mod Enabler still works fine so why upgrade to this version? The first one is not going to crash on the stroke of midnight or anything is it? -Like the Y2K Windows crash that was sooooo feared? :o

JScones
03-13-06, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure what the big deal is about it? The first Mod Enabler still works fine so why upgrade to this version? The first one is not going to crash on the stroke of midnight or anything is it? -Like the Y2K Windows crash that was sooooo feared? :o
<sigh> To re-iterate... "This is a non-essential upgrade. Unless you want these features, you do not need to download. However, if your version of the Mod Enabler is less than v1.3.0, I recommend downloading this version.".

I should point out that any version prior to 1.3.0 could potentially cause CTDs due to the backup files being stored in the same (game) folders as the original. Hence my recommendation. However, this version has the bonus in that it prevents multiple instances of JSGME from running. This is no small deal for some users (me included).

And I deliberately didn't use cyan to highlight my text this time...

Samwolf
03-13-06, 09:49 AM
However, this version has the bonus in that it prevents multiple instances of JSGME from running. This is no small deal for some users (me included).

IMHO, the best reason to upgrade :up:

Thanks.

Soviet_Warlord
03-13-06, 11:49 AM
However, this version has the bonus in that it prevents multiple instances of JSGME from running. This is no small deal for some users (me included).

IMHO, the best reason to upgrade :up:

Thanks.

Yep, same here :)

Brentano
03-13-06, 12:21 PM
Thanks Jaesen. After playing and modding SH3 since its release, I finally tried out your mod enabler (v1.3.4). I was wondering what all the whoopla was about ... and now I know! Why did I wait so long???

Simply brilliant!

~ Brentano

gdogghenrikson
03-13-06, 04:59 PM
Maybe I will get back into sh3. But im to lazy to reinstall

Reece
03-14-06, 09:32 PM
As always, many thanks! :up:

JScones
03-19-06, 02:12 AM
Just thought I'd let everyone know that there will be a v1.4.0 released in the coming days...This version will include:

- Ability to compare the date/time stamp of game files at a given time against an original snapshot, in order to determine discrepencies.
- Ability to export the activated mod list to text file.

I'd like to have a few users from non-English locales try it out before I release it to the world. So, if you'd like to test it, pls PM or email me.

tommyk
03-19-06, 07:15 AM
the best got even better. Thanks! <click>

Samwolf
03-19-06, 08:28 AM
Ability to export the activated mod list to text file.

YAY!!!! That little piece is gonna save me a lot of sticky note paper :up: [/quote]

JScones
03-21-06, 03:31 AM
Anyone (else) want to test the new features coming in v1.4? They won't break your game as I haven't changed the enable/disable code. ;)

This would be a perfect opportunity if you are about to install GW over a fresh SH3 install.

JCWolf
03-21-06, 04:42 AM
Anyone (else) want to test the new features coming in v1.4? They won't break your game as I haven't changed the enable/disable code. ;)

This would be a perfect opportunity if you are about to install GW over a fresh SH3 install.

Hey mate can you tellme if this is not the 1.3.4.43 version???

Cause i'm allready using it and works great?! :rock: :up:

I can test it no problem, where can i download it M8?? :up:

JScones
03-21-06, 05:01 AM
No, this is the next (as yet unreleased) version, v1.4. It will allow you to export your activated mods list to a text file (so you can answer the weekly "which mods should I get?" posts much easier ;)), but, more importantly, it will allow you to take a "snapshot" of your SH3 installation (preferably clean or whatever you consider your "base" installation), recording the details of all folders, files, and associated date stamps. You can then run the "Compare" task whenever you'd like to compare this original snapshot against the current installation (say, after an aggressive period of installing and uninstalling mods!). JSGME will report on any changes, including new folders or files added, original folders or files now deleted, and changed files. Basically, it will quickly tell you if your installation has become "corrupted". I've used it when installing GW.

VonHelsching
03-21-06, 06:19 AM
No, this is the next (as yet unreleased) version, v1.4. It will allow you to export your activated mods list to a text file (so you can answer the weekly "which mods should I get?" posts much easier ;)), but, more importantly, it will allow you to take a "snapshot" of your SH3 installation (preferably clean or whatever you consider your "base" installation), recording the details of all folders, files, and associated date stamps. You can then run the "Compare" task whenever you'd like to compare this original snapshot against the current installation (say, after an aggressive period of installing and uninstalling mods!). JSGME will report on any changes, including new folders or files added, original folders or files now deleted, and changed files. Basically, it will quickly tell you if your installation has become "corrupted". I've used it when installing GW.

Excellent! :up:

JS, you're the man!

JCWolf
03-21-06, 06:52 PM
Brilliant ... no words for what it's allready in perfect working function! :rock: :up:

Anachronous
03-25-06, 09:34 PM
Im up for trying it.

Though with this feature of exporting. Is it possible to have a feature to Import also. So we can essentially save our mods to profiles and reload them to the desired profile, instead of having to do it manually.

I have a lot of mods installed, though it would be nice to remove them and try out a new mod on a clean install or try out an official patch. Doing this manually is a hassle, and especially If I forget a specific order of installing certain mods and have to go back and do it remove a bunch.