PDA

View Full Version : How to get renown.

Xsi-Roy
03-09-06, 06:52 AM
Hey,

in what way is the renown calculated in SHIII? Does a destroyer give you more renown that a coastel mercant? And what about planes? Yesterday i sunk about 5 smaller boats and shot 6 birds from the sky, but my renown didn't do as much as i aspected.

Roy

STEED
03-09-06, 07:38 AM
Read the link -

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Renown

Hope it helps :up:

andy_311
03-09-06, 07:25 PM
Hey,

in what way is the renown calculated in SHIII? Does a destroyer give you more renown that a coastel mercant? And what about planes? Yesterday i sunk about 5 smaller boats and shot 6 birds from the sky, but my renown didn't do as much as i aspected.

Roy

You will get more Renown for a DD than a costal merchantbut they get deadlier as the war goes on.Planes! hmm out of the box sh3 you can take them out for fun,with the Air mod for HT you will be lucky to take out 1 or 2.but as for renown for planes is worthless what about 20 or 30 for a Sundlerland?

SubSerpent
03-09-06, 08:39 PM
I always do the assigned patrols and wait the 24 hour period. It is like FREE renown even if you don't see a ship. You have to have patience with the game and expect that you won't always find a ship to sink. Look how long it took the crew in the Das Boot movie to get a kill.

vodkajello
03-13-06, 02:05 PM
Oh holy crap!

I think I sunk 4 norwegian boats on the way out to my first patrol.

Damn it! I got 2 of them before the message that we were open to hunt the English came through.

I thought if it wasn't German I could hit it. I'm such an idiot. No wonder my renown is crap. My tonnage is great though! :oops:

Oooops.

I don't think they'll like that back at HQ. Overzealous rookies! :damn:

I also have to say that I really liked the mkVII sub in training. This II in '39 is crap. Limited range, no deck gun, no flak, 5 torps, only 2 tubes. Hollowed out canoe they called it? No kidding.

Threadfin
03-13-06, 02:10 PM
Type II has capability to mount flak gun, just isn't installed by default.