PDA

View Full Version : Flak gunners on my IXC won't fire - why?

xrvjorn
03-07-06, 04:59 PM
Just got tired of the RAF harassing me, so I traded my nimble, beuatyful VIIC for an ugly, sluggish IXC in order to do some hunting out of allied aircraft range. While still within air covered ares, I thought the IXC's two flakzwillings and one schwere flak (heavy flak) should be able to deliver some punch, but only one of the flakzwilling gunners fires!

The other flakzwilling and the heavy flak gun remain silent. Why on earth is that?? With the same crew on my VIIC, both my flak guns fired.

Nippelspanner
03-07-06, 05:45 PM
cant help you sorry - but thats the greatest signature ive ever seen! :rotfl:

Kaptan Tommy
03-07-06, 05:45 PM
Uh oh... I just took posession of my first Type IX and traded in my trusty old VII. I've yet to try the flak gun emplacements (or any gun emplacements!) - and this doesn't bode well. If you have your Watch Officer on deck and you tell him to "fire at will", they won't do it? First off, someone needs to walk the plank. Next, maybe you have to manually man the other position?

Ya know, as I was just doing some house cleaning, my mind was actually on SH3 of course, and I was thinking maybe I should do some drills with the guns (for MY OWN good!) and this settles it. I gotta get off the forum and out to sea. :yep:

STEED
03-07-06, 05:52 PM
Just got tired of the RAF harassing me, so I traded my nimble, beuatyful VIIC for an ugly, sluggish IXC in order to do some hunting out of allied aircraft range. While still within air covered ares, I thought the IXC's two flakzwillings and one schwere flak (heavy flak) should be able to deliver some punch, but only one of the flakzwilling gunners fires!

The other flakzwilling and the heavy flak gun remain silent. Why on earth is that?? With the same crew on my VIIC, both my flak guns fired.

Sack him and you take over :hmm:

bookworm_020
03-07-06, 07:23 PM
Man the flack guns positions that you are haveing problems with and then switch back to the bridge. This will wake up the lazy gunners.

If this fails, use them for gunnery practice!! :up: :up: :up:

Harry Buttle
03-08-06, 12:04 AM
Try putting warrant officers on the guns.

jasondef
03-08-06, 04:51 AM
I dont' know what any of that stuff in your sig means.

jasondef
03-08-06, 04:53 AM
Compensating for something? :hmm:

xrvjorn
03-08-06, 07:59 AM
I dont' know what any of that stuff in your sig means.

It's my attempt to out brag all previously existing "bragging-about-my-computer"-sigs! :-j

jasondef
03-09-06, 12:46 AM
Got it! ;) I'm actually so technically inept, I thought those were real specs! Now I get the joke though!