PDA

View Full Version : Picific Aces install with existing SH2+mods

KapitanDeepblu
03-04-06, 11:55 AM
I've been rumaging thru the forum hunting this and have found several threads related to this topic, but can't really follow then very well.

I have read enough to understand that one wants to make sure the PA install ends up in a folder that does not have a "Silent Hunter II" address anywhere in it, but it is this "Do a clean SH2 install" thing that does not make any sence to me.

I have SH2 on my machine with mods. I do not want to mess with it.

Of course, when I enter the SH2 CD, it reads the registry and see it is already installed, so I don't get the "install" option from the CD.

How can I install PA without messing with my original SH2+mods?

Sailor Steve
03-04-06, 12:59 PM
Change the name of your original install to "SHII orig", or anything like that.

Put in the disc and click "Uninstall". All it will uninstall is the originaly registry entries. The game will still be intact since it has a different name.

Do the new install. PA will rename it to 'Pacific Aces' (I think). If not, you can rename it yourself.

Re-rename your original back to 'Silent Hunter II', and you're done. You might have to create a new icon for the desktop, as changing the name sometimes makes it not point in the right direction.

Sailor Steve
03-04-06, 12:59 PM
Interesting-first double-post I've had in a long time...and it loaded instantly so I didn't do it twice myself. :hmm:

KapitanDeepblu
03-04-06, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the help.

I need a slight bit more.

Here are the instructions that came w/the superCD:

B) Users of Subsim´s official package:

First make a clean install of SH2, and rename the folder to “Pacific Aces” or whatever name you prefer.
-Install the official 1.1 patch
-If you wish, you can now install Vicker´s mods ( PA does not provide this)
-Install subsim´s 1024 res mod
-If you wish, you can now install Projekt Messerswetzer ( PA does not provide this)
-Install the Pacific Aces mod from the executable utility, pointing to your “Pacific Aces” folder.
You are done!

In both installations you can create a shortcut on your desktop to start the game, pointing to the file “SH2.exe” that is located in the “Pacific Aces/Sim” folder.

OK:
I've got the clean install.
I've got the SH2 patch 1.1
I've got the PM
I've got the Vickers.

Now it says to "-Install subsim´s 1024 res mod".

Here is where I need some help. On the superCD there are 4 files in the HiResKit. There are as follows:

"Zip" - "hi_res_vehicle_viewer1024"
"Zip" - "PM1024Fix-Installer"
"Zip" - "SubSim1024v11"
Application type file - "subsim1024v11sp1"

My questions is, which is the "-Install subsim's 1024 res mod"???????

Thanks again in advance.

The Old Man
03-04-06, 03:44 PM
"Zip" - "SubSim1024v11"

aanker
03-05-06, 03:01 PM
Now it says to "-Install subsim´s 1024 res mod".

As far as I know, Pacific Aces does not need the 1024 res patch as that seems to be included in the installation of PA. I have PA with 1024 resolution and did not apply the Hi Res 1024 patch.

Art Anker

horsa
03-05-06, 03:40 PM
As far as I know, Pacific Aces does not need the 1024 res patch as that seems to be included in the installation of PA.

Yes that is absolutely right. We decided to include the files for the 1024 patch at the very last minute and the readme had been completed shortly before. To be honest I thought we had ammended the readme fairly soon after, but obviously not.