PDA

View Full Version : a cheat??

mike_espo
02-11-06, 06:31 PM
I play SHIII full real, except for exterior camera for screen shots.

I noticed that in one of my home made missions, I put a u-boat returning from a mission..just for fun. I happened upon it and my watch which was able to ID the boat at over 4km! :o

Would a u-boat be able to be IDed at 4km range really? It was dusk and not broad daylight.

Also, when it was pitch black out, I could not see a thing, my watch called out a ship at 3 km. I asked the watch officer and he was able to give, bearing and range....again is this realistic?

Also, binoculars crosshair turns red when a ship is in it.

Any of you guys think this is a cheat....It seems too easy..... :hmm:

JonZ
02-11-06, 08:15 PM
I play SHIII full real, except for exterior camera for screen shots.

I noticed that in one of my home made missions, I put a u-boat returning from a mission..just for fun. I happened upon it and my watch which was able to ID the boat at over 4km! :o

Would a u-boat be able to be IDed at 4km range really? It was dusk and not broad daylight.

Also, when it was pitch black out, I could not see a thing, my watch called out a ship at 3 km. I asked the watch officer and he was able to give, bearing and range....again is this realistic?

Also, binoculars crosshair turns red when a ship is in it.

Any of you guys think this is a cheat....It seems too easy..... :hmm:

well, it a poor game feature that is unrealistic like many thing else in the original game.

If you want realism to be pushed further, I suggest you to install RuB 1.45 or IuB 1.02. Both of these mods remove the ability to identify class ships on long range.