PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...

WolfyBrandon
02-10-06, 08:00 AM
For the past 2 and a half hours, Ive been trying to figure out how to break a T2 Tanker in half. I managed to do it once by landing 2 impacts just to the sturn of the first small bridge near the middle of the ship. I tryed to do it again to make sure I could do it correctly and I probably played the game 15 times now sending 2 torps at the exact same spot on the ship and it will not break in half. I even tryed 2 magnetics and it still wouldnt break in half. I got so fustrated that it didnt sink that I orderd ahead flank and hit the ship with my boat and as I went under it i blew balast and orderd emergency back and kept hitting blow balast....

Well the end result was very disturbing to me, and leads me to this question...

If you can't sink a T2 Tanker with 2 magnetics and doing this to it, then how can you sink one?

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5528/clipboard010ql.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard010ql.jpg)
oh and yes it didnt sink after i did that... ( I sware sometimes my game feels broke, sigh )

:hulk:
Wolfy

STEED
02-10-06, 08:19 AM
Who cares how you sink them just get out there and send them to the bottom :rotfl:

WolfyBrandon
02-10-06, 08:38 AM
:lol: I would if I could STEED,

Im just trying to figure out how sh3 models a ship breaking in half. I guess it dosent matter where you hit it, it must be purely random and by luck because ive hit a ship in the exact same spot and one time it breaks in half and five other times it wont. It must not be possible to be able to line up a shot on a specific spot and have it break in half every time. :-?

oh and the funny thing about that picture, what ended up happining was after I got suck in side from blowing balast, an enemy destroyer saw part of my ship on the surface and started fireing at me... but his shots would hit the T2 since I was inside of it and the destroyer was the one who sank the ship not me. :nope:

Wolfy

STEED
02-10-06, 08:56 AM
Don't worry about the science just have fun go for it :up:

Kaptan Tommy
02-10-06, 09:09 AM
After seeing this, now I wish I'd tried that on that C-2 cargo I hit with two torps and it didn't sink. I was out of torps (two had blown up in the rough seas on the way to the C-2) and I was not allowed to put a crew on the deck gun. I just cruised on by after that, watching the deck fire fade in the distance. :cry:

Next time I'll (GASP!!! ;) ) save the game right there, and charge on in. All's fair in love and war. :yep:

ref
02-10-06, 09:56 AM
Im just trying to figure out how sh3 models a ship breaking in half. I guess it dosent matter where you hit it, it must be purely random and by luck because ive hit a ship in the exact same spot and one time it breaks in half and five other times it wont. It must not be possible to be able to line up a shot on a specific spot and have it break in half every time. :-?

Wolfy

The ships are subdivided in compartments with different damage values, some of them are "critical", the ones highlighted in the recon manual, when you play with easy settings (auto TDC) and you hit one of this compartments, the power of the torpedo is boosted, if you are playing with manual TDC then the chance of this hapening is randomized. check this thread for a better explanation.

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=47519

REF