Test

Is this like the 'please do not reply' thread? :hmm:

Should we avoid quoting?

Oberon
02-09-06, 02:58 PM
Test

Is this like the 'please do not reply' thread? :hmm:

Should we avoid quoting?

"Whatever you do, don't mention Islam, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it."

Letum
02-09-06, 03:39 PM
Bump

Abraham
02-10-06, 06:48 AM
No, all of you are wrong.
It has nothing to do with replying, quoting or Islam but it was a request to me as moderator to delete the posting.

With requests of Gizzmoe I'm always to comply.

Abraham
(with moderator cap on)

:rotfl:

XabbaRus
02-10-06, 06:49 AM
So why is it still here then?

Abraham
02-10-06, 06:51 AM
So why is it still here then?
Where then?
:D

Drebbel
02-10-06, 07:02 AM
I warned you guys, several time.

THIS IS IT

:arrgh!:

:P

Drebbel
02-10-06, 02:28 PM
Oh, my, no PMs against me locking this thread. I better unlock it agiai :-)

SUBMAN1
02-10-06, 03:07 PM
The new curiosity thread! :P

-S

Drebbel
02-10-06, 03:09 PM

-S

You asked for it !!!! -----> LOCKED !

gdogghenrikson
02-10-06, 04:58 PM

-S

You asked for it !!!! -----> LOCKED !

locked? then why can I still post here?

Takeda Shingen
02-10-06, 05:51 PM

YES! All hail grass roots activism!

Skybird
02-10-06, 05:54 PM
What's this thread about? Can't we even debate and shout and yell and fight anymore without getting disturbed...? :arrgh!:

Abraham
02-11-06, 10:51 AM
This thread is locked because Drebbel locked it. He thought in his wisdom that it would be better for us to concentrate on real issues when posting instead of spending our mental energy on something completely senseless.

And I must admit, he has a point. Re-reading the whole thread I find nothing special or interesting in it.

SUBMAN1
02-11-06, 11:33 AM
This thread is locked because Drebbel locked it. He thought in his wisdom that it would be better for us to concentrate on real issues when posting instead of spending our mental energy on something completely senseless.

And I must admit, he has a point. Re-reading the whole thread I find nothing special or interesting in it.

But you are posting in it!

Oberon
02-11-06, 11:46 AM
This thread has been locked and unlocked more times than my front door!

Viva la Resistance!! :rock:

Takeda Shingen
02-11-06, 12:24 PM

I wasn't aware that the General Topics forum was a structured think-tank. Besides, one could argue that the multitude of political, religious and Starforce-related threads fall into the realm of the sensless as well.

Try not to forget: This is just an internet forum. We're not going to end war, stop terrorism, bring corporate America to its knees, feed the hungry, clothe the naked or house the homeless here. If you want to make a difference in this regard, my suggestion is to turn off your computer, go out into the world and get into the game, so to speak.

I like this thread. It's silly, no one is getting mad and there is no vague dancing around the SubSim personal attacks regulations. We have enough threads here for that.

Abraham
02-11-06, 12:45 PM

I wasn't aware that the General Topics forum was a structured think-tank. Besides, one could argue that the multitude of political, religious and Starforce-related threads fall into the realm of the sensless as well.

Try not to forget: This is just an internet forum. We're not going to end war, stop terrorism, bring corporate America to its knees, feed the hungry, clothe the naked or house the homeless here. If you want to make a difference in this regard, my suggestion is to turn off your computer, go out into the world and get into the game, so to speak.

I like this thread. It's silly, no one is getting mad and there is no vague dancing around the SubSim personal attacks regulations. We have enough threads here for that.
Perhaps sometimes the moderators want tro play with a thread themselves and this test thread just may be the victim... Who knows?

Takeda Shingen
02-11-06, 01:08 PM
Perhaps sometimes the moderators want tro play with a thread themselves and this test thread just may be the victim... Who knows?

I'm sure it goes deeper than that. It is a vast consiracy, like a pyramid scheme. The real questions are what super computer does all of this discussion and information download into and which moderator is real, and which is simply a mainframe sitting in the basement of some apartment complex?

The truth is out there, people.

Polak
02-11-06, 02:46 PM
MODs, is it okey if I BUMP this thread?

TteFAboB
02-11-06, 03:39 PM
I think we should try to delete it.

Oberon
02-11-06, 05:40 PM
I think we should try and get it into orbit. :rock:

lesrae
02-11-06, 05:46 PM
Ditch the bitch :|\

Takeda Shingen
02-11-06, 06:14 PM

Fantastic! That's the best idea I've read on this forum in a long time. I'm headed out to the store. We're going to need a lot of cardboard.

Torplexed
02-11-06, 06:25 PM
We're going to need a lot of cardboard.

Cardboard? Are we gonna try and model rocket this thread into space?

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/user/images/sm_liftoff.jpg

TteFAboB
02-11-06, 06:28 PM
Torplexed can simply draw this thread in outer space and if we believe it hard enough it will become reality.

Oberon
02-11-06, 06:30 PM
I do believe in Torplexed, I do! I do!
:rock:

Takeda Shingen
02-11-06, 06:33 PM
Cardboard? Are we gonna try and model rocket this thread into space?

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/user/images/sm_liftoff.jpg

Hey, wow! I was just going to build a big slingshot. The rocket's a much better idea!

Polak
02-11-06, 06:51 PM
Nay! Hear, Hear! We need something like this.
http://www.bernd-leitenberger.de/img/laika.jpeg
Sputnik 2, has worked before!

Torplexed
02-11-06, 06:51 PM
How do I get sucked into these things? Black Hole perhaps?

http://zioxville.homestead.com/files/Spacethread.jpg

STEED
02-11-06, 06:56 PM

Blast it in to the Sun or the nearest Black Hole :rotfl:

TteFAboB
02-11-06, 07:49 PM
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

Torplexed
02-11-06, 09:14 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy TteFAboB?

I imagine "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish" has a whole different meaning to a wolfpack harrassed convoy commander. :hmm:

Wim Libaers
02-12-06, 08:08 AM
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy TteFAboB?

I imagine "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish" has a whole different meaning to a wolfpack harrassed convoy commander. :hmm:

:rotfl: :up:

Abraham
02-12-06, 03:00 PM
This must be one of the most capricious threads on this forum...
A thread that is locked and trying to delete itself into outer space.

Wim Libaers
02-12-06, 05:31 PM
This must be one of the most capricious threads on this forum...
A thread that is locked and trying to delete itself into outer space.

Locked? Oh, really? :hmm:

"Who are you? How'd you get in here?"

"I'm the locksmith...and I'm the locksmith."

(from Police Squad)

Wim Libaers
02-12-06, 05:46 PM
OK, to be constructive, a straightforward solution to our problems has been discovered.

http://www.physorg.com/news10789.html

So, basically, all we have to do is to take a large mass, accelerate it to more than 57.7 percent of light speed, put the thread in front of it, and the antigravity beam would do the rest. :smug:

Takeda Shingen
02-12-06, 06:39 PM
Either that, or we make this thread sticky. C'mon, it'd be fun. :rock:

STEED
02-12-06, 06:40 PM
:-j it's crazy

STEED
02-12-06, 06:41 PM
42 :D

SUBMAN1
02-12-06, 06:49 PM
Is this thread out there yet? Or is it supposed to be locked? :hmm:

-S

Abraham
02-13-06, 01:35 AM
It's supposed to be locked but sometimes people forget the keys!

STEED
02-13-06, 07:40 AM
Your not having my keys get your own :)

Abraham
02-13-06, 04:10 PM
Your not having my keys get your own :)
Got them!

SUBMAN1
02-14-06, 04:54 PM
Right on - We can post again!

-S

Oberon
02-14-06, 05:03 PM
http://www.weprintcolor.com/stockimages/construction/images/Black%20metal%20crowbar.jpg

I nicked this off some Doctor...can't remember his name...something beginning with F...Frohman....no, that weren't it.

Abraham
02-15-06, 12:49 AM
http://www.weprintcolor.com/stockimages/construction/images/Black%20metal%20crowbar.jpg

I nicked this off some Doctor...can't remember his name...something beginning with F...Frohman....no, that weren't it.
Are you suggesting, Oberon, that simple tools like this could stand up to the iron grip of the moderators on this forum?

LOCKED!

File your comments in the numerous complain-threads that you pityfull lot started.

Abraham
(with moderator cap on)

:D