PDA

View Full Version : Am i what i am ?

Kapitan
02-07-06, 08:37 PM
Am i what i am?

I dont know the answer to this question i believe so, the other day i was talking reasonably to some onewe hit on the topic of america and obviously we differed.

I was accused of being a staunch anti american with the love of a communist country that doesnt exist, upon my protest i noted these small fact and this guy who is american disbelieven any truthful facts rejecting them as cannot happen will not happen.

I then mentioned america wasnt invincible to which he replied "i believe it is" so naturaly i red the role call of terrorist acts in the USA to which he then accused me of being a terrorist lover.

After a few hours i finaly put my point accross that he was being ignorant and arrognat and that he should have a look at the news once in a while, he replied "i do but all i see is russian submarines sinking", and you know how i am i turned around and said to him, " do you think america has lost any submarines?"

When he answerd i was realy cracking up he simply replied "yes" i then went on to say the american sub thresher was the most tragic of them all and is the sub that killed the most.

Upon noting the fact i assume he did anyway he came back and said your right, "so im not a terrorist or anti american" " You love your country as much as me, your kind are few and far between, i am glad we call each other friends because together we can create freedom and peace."

So am i what i am?

More simply am i anti american? am i a terrorist? We all have doubts prejudice hate and love, there is plenty of all to go around it may be something or some one, but if we work together we achive alot but work against each other we achive little.

So am i anti american?
So am i a terrorist or words?
So am i what i am?

kiwi_2005
02-07-06, 08:43 PM
COMMUNIST! ;-)

Kapitan
02-07-06, 08:45 PM
lol thankyou much :88)

Kapitan
02-07-06, 09:01 PM
The questions remain

So am i a anti american?
Am i a terrorist of words?
Am i what i am?

SUBMAN1
02-07-06, 09:07 PM
I don't think you are anti american so much as pro soviet.

By the way, the Thrasher was ages ago - might as well been back in WWII! :)

Militarily - the US is pretty hard, if not impossible to beat as long as it is conventional warfare. Matter of fact, an English general recently said as much before he went on to criticize the US's ability to fight a non conventional war like the one being fought. Basically said we have room for improvement in that area.

-S

PS. It would only take 1 Mk 48 to sink the Kursk! (Prepare for reprisal since I think you said it would take like 10 to 20 last time we hit on this subject! Be warned though, I am just egging you on in fun! :-j )

sonar732
02-07-06, 09:30 PM
When he answerd i was realy cracking up he simply replied "yes" i then went on to say the american sub thresher was the most tragic of them all and is the sub that killed the most.

Ah, but Kaptain you bring up submarine "disasters" that the USA learned from...something the Soviets/Russians haven't.

The USS San Fransico incident was a testiment to this as she was able to limp back to Guam after running into a sea mount full throddle.

We, the US, have had 2 incidents in which we lost a boat during the cold war. The USS Scorpion and the USS Thresher. No one will truly know what happened to the Scorpion, however, with the Thresher it was obvious. The United States Submarine Force's SUBSAFE program came out of it and the USS San Fransico benefited from it!

Go ahead and compair the opposing forces and you'll come up short by safety measures and training. Yes, your boats could dive deeper...but what good does that do if you can't drive them?

Iceman
02-08-06, 12:33 AM
I think... If you have to ask on a message board "So Am I What I Am?"...at the very least I think you are confused and need to get off the computer ... go outside and look at some trees....take a walk in the park...play with your kids...dog...goldfish..and smell some roses bud. :)
http://www.living-library.com/dodt/smell-roses.gif

P.S. Don't know this person just googled smell the roses lol.

The Avon Lady
02-08-06, 01:35 AM
Am i what i am?
Excuse me, sir. You dropped this:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7100/05ol.gif

Kapitan
02-08-06, 02:29 AM
Thanks avon lad

Yes it is true americans have the subsafe programme and that is a good thing it save lives, and yes in comaparision the russians do fail on training and saftey for good reason it happens to be a dirty work russian high brass seemed to think it wont happen, well on a sub it does sometimes.

As for kursk 1 torpedo would disable it 2 sink it of course depending where it hit the yes one would sink it. oscar 2 submarines designed to with stand exactly them torpedos and yet come to the surface.

And yeah think i do need a walk in the park for that matter been couped up in here to long :D

Abraham
02-08-06, 05:02 AM
The questions remain

So am i a anti american?
Am i what i am?
Am i what i am?

Thanks avon lad
You are clearly a terrorist of words...
:D

Kapitan
02-08-06, 05:57 AM
:cry:

The Avon Lady
02-08-06, 06:19 AM
The questions remain

So am i a anti american?
Am i what i am?
Am i what i am?

Thanks avon lad
:oops: He decapitated me! :oops:

Skybird
02-08-06, 06:28 AM
I think people who do not know who they are are highly suspicious and probably have something to hide. They also do not know - as well as WE do not know - if they are dangerous. Honestely, Kapitain, I easily could imagine you to be a terrorist or a Russian sleeper, and I hope you will be locked away soon. i also think that people with an interest in long, cylindrical submarines are suffering from a lack of sexual self-esteem. And finally, you choosed to live in Britain. This crime surely is the worst of all, so that now you already have to feed yourself with prison meals day in, day out, just serves you right.

Moderator, could we get this obscure individual banned, please?

Abraham
02-08-06, 07:06 AM
The questions remain

So am i a anti american?
Am i what i am?
Am i what i am?

Thanks avon lad
:oops: He decapitated me! :oops:
@ The Avon Lad:
That mate, was no decapitation but a gender operation by Kapitain.
Welcome to a new world!

By the way: you got a fixation on submarines full of seamen?

The Avon Lady
02-08-06, 07:22 AM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1771/00zh.gif

Skybird
02-08-06, 07:40 AM
Nochmal...!!! :D

sonar732
02-08-06, 07:46 AM
I think people who do not know who they are are highly suspicious and probably have something to hide. They also do not know - as well as WE do not know - if they are dangerous. Honestely, Kapitain, I easily could imagine you to be a terrorist or a Russian sleeper, and I hope you will be locked away soon. i also think that people with an interest in long, cylindrical submarines are suffering from a lack of sexual self-esteem. And finally, you choosed to live in Britain. This crime surely is the worst of all, so that now you already have to feed yourself with prison meals day in, day out, just serves you right.

Spot on Sky! :rock: :rock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

STEED
02-08-06, 07:55 AM
Am i what i am?

So am i anti american?
So am i a terrorist or words?
So am i what i am?

Some one who should stop drinking Toilet Duck :rotfl:

The Avon Lady
02-08-06, 08:12 AM
Nochmal...!!! :D
Yeh. Why not!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7063/07ha.gif

Skybird
02-08-06, 08:16 AM
Und jetzt mit Anlauf, rückwärts eingesprungen, beidhändig! :P

August
02-08-06, 08:36 AM
I want to hear the other guys side of the story.

Kapitan
02-08-06, 09:03 AM
Basicaly we started talking about what we want and wanted to do, he started saying how he wanted to be a teacher and he had forfilled his dream, i mentioned about the navy and millatery and it went from there.

To cut a long story short he was saying how he wouldnt serve in the millatery because he didnt feel it right that his country (U.S.A) was involved in iraq and he believed that bush went to war purely because of the oil.

Obviously i came back with do you think you have a choice where you go to war, and time went on it got deeper discussing political issues (not just iraq).

The we came to americas defence, i pointed out that americas defence is strong but not as strong as it could be to which he replied no one can beat us.
Again pointing out facts we went into a more heated debate on how the navy could improve and how the millatery on whole could improve.

And thats basicaly it but he saw the light after a while noting that no one is invincible.

That is about it August

Dan D
02-08-06, 11:32 AM
http://www.spug.net/images/smilies/tooth.gif .