PDA

View Full Version : Helfen Sie mir! Missing Officers????

Strider_JD
02-07-06, 12:16 PM
Thundering Typhoons!!! One of my officers is Missing.

I returned to port from my very first patrol,pressed esc, selected exit patrol and awarded kudos to my hearty crew. For the courage to serve under my command, Sub-luietenant Herbert Nethge was decorated with the IC 2nd class. Then I exited SHIII.

Ready now for Patrol 2, I used Commander to launch SHIII and loaded save "in port b4 mission 2" and inspected my crew. But wait... the salty old Scheißehaus of a sea dog, Herbert, has done a bunk! What happened? Did my my crew mistreat him or something? Was he swept overboard? Was he not pleased with his IC? His icon is missing even though SH III indicates 5/5 officers. Also the awards did not stick either.

I exited SHIII again and inspected Commander to see if he is there... and he was. I went back into SHIII and tried the save "in port after mission 1" instead. Nope, no Herbie. Then I tried the original save "in port b4 mission 1". Ahhh, there he was, looking fine and dandy.

I exited again and - oh bogit!!! My saves disappeared. Blistering blue barnicles!!! Where did my saves go now. Davy Jones Locker?

Ok, the Q's are:

1) How did all this happen?
2) Could I have gotten Herbert back? (if I didn't lose my saves)
3) How can I prevent all this from happening again?

Serverdaemon
02-07-06, 12:25 PM
Dunno why your officer left... Maybe he met a nice fraulein?
But I do know why your saves disappeared... When you reopen a previous saved game, all saves that were done after that one are erased.

S

smoke
02-07-06, 12:39 PM
HELLO,

WHEN YOU RETURN TO PORT, BE SURE YOU DO NOT LEAVE ANY OFFICER IN THE DAMAGE CONTROL STATION,OR HE WILL NOT BE THERE IN YOUR NEXT MISSION

W.A.W

VIKTOR VOGEL
U-588

Strider_JD
02-07-06, 01:07 PM
Thanks Guys, I do remember leaving him to fix the plumming b4 reporting back to base. Must be a bug. Damn, had a good patrol as well. Sunk a lot of pommy tonnage.

STEED
02-07-06, 01:57 PM
Sunk a lot of pommy tonnage.

Try 100% realism smart pants :-j

It's like :damn:

Only joking have fun :P

Dantenoc
02-07-06, 08:45 PM
WHEN YOU RETURN TO PORT, BE SURE YOU DO NOT LEAVE ANY OFFICER IN THE DAMAGE CONTROL STATION,OR HE WILL NOT BE THERE IN YOUR NEXT MISSION

Really :-? ?!?! what a nasty bug!!... thanks for the heads up :up:

smoke
02-07-06, 09:54 PM
No problem. I have done that a few times myself. I was so glad to get back to port in one piece that i forgot to take him down from that station. pain in the butt, to reload the mission, just to return again to port, and take him down !!!

W.A.W.

VIKTOR VOGEL

U-588

Kaptan Tommy
02-07-06, 10:21 PM

Wow, I didn't know that! Guess I'll have to be sure I don't leave any really cool crew members in the "fix-it gang" when I come home.

Thanks. :yep:

jasondef
02-08-06, 03:50 AM
That's a good bug to know, I've just been lucky so far. When returning to base, i always park the sub where the band is playing, then do one last save before docking-exiting and ending the mission. You never know what'll happen in port!

Razekiel
02-13-06, 02:42 PM
I did this about 3 patrols ago anyway to fix without reloading?

smoke
02-14-06, 10:42 AM
No, there is no way you can change any files while you are at sea. You will just have to reload the mission where you know he was at, and continue on from there. You will lose any saves you had after that.Next time just do a save in port, before exiting game!!
Be sure you have every one aboard next time before you leave port!!!

WAW

Viktor Vogel

U-588