PDA

View Full Version : Dragons?

Excalibur Bane
02-07-06, 11:21 AM
I thought I'd start a non-religion related thread for the 5% of us that really don't care about that sort of thing :huh:

Anyone see that umm...thing on Animal Planet about dragons? It's narrated by Patrick Stewart. I forget the full title. It's essentially a fictional discovery of scientific proof of the existance of dragons and tells the tales of two dragons lives, like a documentary on any other animal. Quite fascinating.

I could certainly believe most of what they think, especially the part relating to the fact that pretty much every culture has a similar legend or myth revoling around dragons. The characteristics remain the same in each culture, yet they never had any contact with each other. An uncanny concindence, if it is one. :hmm:

Perhaps dragons did exist. It wouldn't surprise me for us to discover scientific evidence in much the same way as they did in this show. A melting glacier reveals a dragon's corpse that's been hidden there for quite some time. It certainly is cool to think that such a magnificent creature existed. :rock:

STEED
02-07-06, 11:26 AM
Saw it last year just a run of the mill program but glad to see a different non-religion related thread how refreshing :up:

Bellman
02-07-06, 11:52 AM
I think we have to recognise the need for serious research into the sources of stories of mythical beasts. :yep:

I have been earnestly devoting much effort to 'saucing' the origin of 'pink elephants.' Nothing to report -
but I am devoted to the work. ;)

:-j

STEED
02-07-06, 11:58 AM
Good grief is that a flying pig :lol: no false alarm :-j

SmokinTep
02-07-06, 11:59 AM
Sure, I think they probably did.

Oberon
02-07-06, 01:00 PM
I think Dragons existed, but not as firebreathers, chances are they actually spat some kind of acid that burnt the skin 'like fire', thus giving rise to the firebreathing legend.

Abraham
02-07-06, 03:12 PM
I thought I'd start a non-religion related thread for the 5% of us that really don't care about that sort of thing :huh: Religious tradition tells us so: St. George and the Dragon!
:rotfl:

Takeda Shingen
02-07-06, 05:43 PM
Don't forget St. Michael the Archangel.