PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst gift you have ever gotten?

TLAM Strike
01-20-06, 08:15 PM
Birthdays, Christmas, Father’s Day whatever, what is the absolute worst gift you have every received?

Mine would have to be a roll of Masking Tape I got for Christmas.

Camaero
01-20-06, 08:49 PM
I have never gotten anything very bad myself. I guess that if I had to choose, it would be socks. Then again... I needed to replace the hole filled socks that I had! :88)

Sea Demon
01-20-06, 08:58 PM
A shirt with a bank logo. The person who gave it to me worked at that bank and obviously got it as a freebie.... :down:

gdogghenrikson
01-20-06, 08:59 PM
deoderant

Bill Nichols
01-20-06, 09:05 PM
My wife and I got a handtowel as a wedding gift. Not a set of towels, mind you, just one :dead:

Torplexed
01-20-06, 09:45 PM
A single hand towel...as a wedding gift? Apparently they wanted you two to share. ;)

I got a six-pack of Bud from a cousin once on Christmas Eve. I didn't and still don't drink. I think it's still around somewhere.....

Kapitan
01-21-06, 03:17 AM
the obvious same thing i get every year pajamas i dont even wear PJ's to bed

but best prezzie was a lill toy monkey i got from my GF il post a picture

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/russian-navy01/FS/monkeywithpj.jpg

he looks similar but he doesnt have the PJ's on but he has a bib on saying little monkey

Abraham
01-21-06, 03:49 AM
A single hand towel...as a wedding gift? Apparently they wanted you two to share. ;)

I got a six-pack of Bud from a cousin once on Christmas Eve. I didn't and still don't drink. I think it's still around somewhere.....Where?

Konovalov
01-21-06, 07:09 AM
To start wth it was a wedding present. A cappacino machine but not a traditional one where you go out and buy the coffee grains to add to it. Instead it is one of those crude marketing ploys in that you have to buy these coffee disc things which cost an absolute arm and a leg and probably in a couple of years time the company will decide not to make them anymore leaving you with a machine that is good for nothing except hogging kitchen bench space. :nope:

Actually on second thoughts it might be a cheap, made in China wall clock that is just impossible to describe except to say that it is an absolute monstrosity. My wife and I suspect that this was a hand me down where the relative that gave it to us was probably given the clock as a gift and she didn't like it so she gave it to us. Go figure. :-?

Torplexed
01-21-06, 07:13 AM

I got a six-pack of Bud from a cousin once on Christmas Eve. I didn't and still don't drink. I think it's still around somewhere.....Where?

I seem to have this recollection of stumbling across it in the garage a while back. It had a fine layer of dust on the top if I recall. Well-aged Budweiser by now. :lol:

Abraham
01-21-06, 09:50 AM
To start wth it was a wedding present. A cappacino machine but not a traditional one where you go out and buy the coffee grains to add to it. Instead it is one of those crude marketing ploys in that you have to buy these coffee disc things which cost an absolute arm and a leg and probably in a couple of years time the company will decide not to make them anymore leaving you with a machine that is good for nothing except hogging kitchen bench space. :nope:

Actually on second thoughts it might be a cheap, made in China wall clock that is just impossible to describe except to say that it is an absolute monstrosity. My wife and I suspect that this was a hand me down where the relative that gave it to us was probably given the clock as a gift and she didn't like it so she gave it to us. Go figure. :-?
Your "second thoughts" sounds like a really cheap present indeed.
The worst was probably that you had to say "thank you" and smile the rest of the day while seeing that relative eat from your wedding cake and finish a few glasses of champagne...
:D

SUBMAN1
01-21-06, 08:12 PM

I got a six-pack of Bud from a cousin once on Christmas Eve. I didn't and still don't drink. I think it's still around somewhere.....

Hahaha! I'd give up drinking too if Bud was the only choice in beer! Yuck!

Try a Rochfort #10 (Its a Trappeist Ale) - it's almost like candy. Or maybe try a Flag Porter (English) from England - Made with Yeast from a 300 year old shipwreck (Also is almost candy to me). For something a little more drinkable, to the point I could drink it every day, try an Erdinger Dunkel (German). Those are probably my 3 favorite beers. The Erdinger will set you back about $3 for about 18 ounces. The Flag wil set you back about $3 for an 11 ounce bottle. The Rochfort will set you back about $8 to $10 for an 11 ounce bottle, but its so good, it will take you 2 hours to drink it.

-S

Torplexed
01-21-06, 08:27 PM
Yeah...I've kinda had a dim view of Budweiser ever since they tried to strong arm the original Budweiser in the Czech Republic out of using the name after the Iron Curtain came down. But being an alcohol abstainer I know zip about what tastes good. :lol:

I toured the Pilsener Urquell brewery in Pilsen a few years back. The Czechs sure seem to appear to love that beer. Saw ads and logos everywhere I went.

http://zioxville.homestead.com/files/PUq.jpg

Scion
01-22-06, 12:23 AM
All I know is that American beer is inferior to even New Zealand beer... And that is saying a lot...

German Beer > The rest...

Sea Demon
01-22-06, 01:00 AM
All I know is that American beer is inferior to even New Zealand beer... And that is saying a lot...

German Beer > The rest...

You're right. American beer does suck. :down: I do gotta admit that I like some of the American micro-brews though.

Abraham
01-22-06, 04:16 AM
In Holland, we have no problems with Heineken, Grolsch, Amstel and a lot of imported Belgium beers...
:up:

The Avon Lady
01-22-06, 06:56 AM
We received a wedding present from very good friends of ours. They were 2 chrome plated saltshakers shapped like birds, something like these:

http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/tasmark/items/326259/picture1.jpg

I don't remember how we got rid of them nor do I remember how we explained their never being on the table when said friends were invited over numerous times. :88)

retired1212
01-23-06, 04:05 AM
the worst I ever got was white undies. :down: :down: :down:

Rotary Crewman
01-23-06, 04:41 AM
A t-shirt from 'The Sweater Shop'

Not even a sweater (Jumper), a t-shirt :roll:

Mustang
01-23-06, 05:01 AM
Divorce Papers on my Birthday. :|\

As for material items I think it had to be Silent hunter III. not that the game is bad, but I can't run it on my ol rig here and it taunts me so...

I read the manual daily and chart imaginary courses on the map and cry. :damn:

Terrax
01-23-06, 08:16 AM
Soap on a rope.

Abraham
01-26-06, 01:28 AM
Divorce Papers on my Birthday. :|\

As for material items I think it had to be Silent hunter III. not that the game is bad, but I can't run it on my ol rig here and it taunts me so...

I read the manual daily and chart imaginary courses on the map and cry. :damn:
You poor little thing...!
:D

nikimcbee
01-27-06, 12:11 AM
My mom keeps buying me "dress clothes" for christmas...And I keep groaning and never wearing them :damn: