PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Air Patrols

Easty
01-16-06, 08:55 AM
Hi

I just completed 3 patrols from January to june 1943 and travelled on the surface almost all the time and I never was attacked at all by aircraft even in the bay of biscay, this is the first time I have patrolled in 1943 so i find it strange that i have not encountered any aircraft is this a problem with the game or have I just been extremely lucky ?

Cheers
Easty

Slick Rick
01-16-06, 08:56 PM
Doesnt hardly seem possible....I have never completed a patrol and not been hounded by aircraft at one point or another....I know that if I minimize my wake when operating on the surface during the day by keeping the speed down...it seems to help....but they always seem to find me in any case........you must be living right.

Easty
01-16-06, 09:55 PM
That is interesting maybe I have installed the game incorrectly
I have the latest patch 1.4b and also use real uboat 1.45 and SH commander 1.23 or which ever is the latest one. Do you guys use those mods as well or just the original game with the patches ?

Cheers
Easty

Ducimus
01-16-06, 10:14 PM
I dunno, maybe improved convoys mod has something to do with it. Its possible i dunno.

I do know that in may/june of 43, I was hounded not by a couple planes, not by a flight of planes, but by full squadrons of planes!

CaptainEO
01-17-06, 04:15 AM
Just wait until May 1943. :arrgh!:

The game is accurate. Allied anti-sub operations didn't get into full swing until then.

Just try to survive until you can get a Schnorkel :)

Salvadoreno
01-17-06, 05:16 AM
Jeez its Feb 1940 my 3rd patrol and i have been hounded by aircraft all 3 patrols!! And 2 patrols they hit me so bad i had to go back to base before i could even hit a convoy..

Easty
01-17-06, 08:20 AM
I re installed the game, patched it to 1.4, loaded real uboat but not the latest SH3 commander and started a patrol in January 1944 and patroled from St Nazaire to the south west tip of Ireland all on the surface and never saw an aircraft once, I have no idea what is going on I should of bene attacked a dozen times or more by the time i got to that point but nothing happened.

Is ther an option to switch aircraft on or off in the game ? or is it to do with the realism when starting a patrol ?

Any furthur ideas guys ?

Cheers

Stiebler
01-17-06, 09:09 AM
Easty said:
I have the latest patch 1.4b and also use real uboat 1.45 and SH commander 1.23 or which ever is the latest one.

RUb uses Jace11's AirPower Mod, which reduces the number of air attacks but makes them more deadly. Air attacks in the Bay of Biscay are in any case pretty rare.

But all that is about to change! Download Stiebler & Teddy-Bar's NYGM Campaign files ver. 1.0, currently being displayed on posts in the main forum and the Mods forum. It contains an elite large GB airbase, to mimick the Coastal Command air offensive, covering the Bay of Biscay from August 1942 to August 1944. (Make sure that you download the RUb version, not the stock SH3 version).

Stiebler.

Easty
01-17-06, 09:38 AM
Many thanks I'll give it a go and report back

Cheers
Easty