PDA

View Full Version : ROTFL! FUNNY FOR THE U-BOATS WORST NIGHTMARE IN IL2!

perdu
01-11-06, 10:51 AM
just a parameter of a ini file
arcade=1 i if i remember well?

SmokinTep
01-11-06, 10:55 AM
Yup, seen that before.

Hottentot
01-11-06, 10:56 AM
just a parameter of a ini file
arcade=1 i if i remember well?

Yep, and changing it to arcade=0 should solve the problem. Arcade mode is good for seeing if you actually hit the target and where. And sometimes it's just fun for fooling around.

Paajtor
01-11-06, 11:16 AM
I've used the arcade-option a couple of times, to set my gun-convergence....great tool!

Hottentot
01-11-06, 12:36 PM
Hottentot, i like your username! My first name happends to be Totti...

And, if you are not already familiar with this link, check http://www.airwarfare.com/. If you need something related to IL2, that's the first place to search.

Marhkimov
01-11-06, 02:51 PM
Thank you CV-707.

I've been itching to fly again, but I never really had the inspiration. But now, you've helped to rekindle my interest in IL2. Ever since I purchased SH3, I've kinda neglected my love for flight-simming, but it's back now. I already have IL2FBA gold edition, so now I'm gonna hop on over to the store and pick up a new copy of PF. I'm so excited, I already downloaded all 3 of the patches. LOL :lol:

But as always, I will remain a faithful skipper on the seas.

Oh, and sorry to disappoint guys, but I'm not leaving the SH3 scene just yet. :rotfl:

Marhkimov
01-11-06, 02:57 PM
Btw, I think I'll join the British to start a U-boat hunting campaign...

With a Hurricane!!!!

AHahAHAHHAhahAHAHA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HEMISENT
01-11-06, 03:57 PM
I stopped playing IL2/FB/PF the day SHIII arrived but I've been thinking of going back. I guess I might fire it up again here shortly. Never could get the ME 262 to stop making right turns on take off-anyone have a clue?
The forums for IL are nowhere near what we all enjoy here so I gave up even going there for answers.

Camaero
01-11-06, 04:23 PM
I still play both games all the time. I hope to catch yall in the skies soon!

CWorth
01-11-06, 04:32 PM
I never stopped playing IL2FB/AEP/PF...

I play it quite a bit...still the best and most realistic WW2 flightsim out there.
Even though some of the aircrafts damage models and flight characteristics are quite questionable since the last 2 patches.

Highbury
01-11-06, 09:03 PM
Even though some of the aircrafts damage models and flight characteristics are quite questionable since the last 2 patches.

Since the last 2!?!?! :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

They'll be fixing it... in 2 weeks.

(Played since the first IL-2. Flew with 401, then 242 but have not played in about a year.)

HEMISENT
01-11-06, 10:20 PM
Thanks CV
Interesting little site. DL'ing the video now. Never could get that thing to go anywhere but hard right no matter what I did.

CWorth
01-12-06, 01:00 AM

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

Only been hearing that for the last 2 months..LOL.

Hottentot
01-12-06, 07:57 AM
Not to make you feel bad, but as i have known IL2 for five yrs i know all the sites...

:-? :-? :-?

No offence taken. Most of the old guys just already know arcade mode and since you, as I understood it, didn't, I thought you might be relatively new guy and just pointed out an useful link.

As for myself, I also have been playing ever since the first IL2. It's sometimes nice to play the original just to see how much stuff has been added, especially now, since we have new flight model. If memory serves, in the beginning almost half (or more?) of the planes we had were variants of Sturmovik. Western front? What western front?

Hottentot
01-12-06, 08:47 AM
I'm ashamed of not knowing it...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

*sigh* Fine. I wasn't able read your thoughts when reading your first post, made an assumption and tried to help you based on my assumption. I just tried to help and you want to make problem out of that. I wasn't offended by your reply and tried to make that clear. But you insist on trying.

I don't come to a forum for having problems with anyone, especially not with my fellow simmers. I can have them quite well in real life, even if sometimes I don't want to. I don't know you and I don't have any problems with you, but, for some reason, you seem to have a problem with me, because I just pointed out a link that you already knew and obviously because I didn't know that you had played as long as I had.

If it makes you feel good, then fine: have your problem. Just don't try to make it my problem. I'm sure we can talk reasonably in some other threads, but obviously not in this one. So I'm done with this one.

Paajtor
01-12-06, 11:12 AM

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

Only been hearing that for the last 2 months..LOL.
That's nothing....I have been hearing this ever since the original Il2-beta and -demo! :lol:

The sim is now collecting dust for weeks here...I have the merged FB/AEP/PF-version.
My squad used to be one of the top Il2-dedicated squads (= flying Sturmovics almost exclusively), but the expansion to the Western and Pacific did no good to us. :(
The engine is clearly showing it's age now, but please nobody get discouraged by this...HyperLobby is still filled with pilots every night of the week. :up:

Marhkimov
01-12-06, 01:06 PM
I already have a copy of IL2FBA gold edition, but I can't find a dang copy of PF anywhere.

Paajtor
01-12-06, 01:25 PM
Look here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/229596/ref=br_bx_c_1_2/103-3795822-5795808).