PDA

View Full Version : Rubini's Harbor mod?

johnlax
01-05-06, 11:44 PM
Guys thanks for all the help in getting me up to speed on patches and Rubini's Harbor mod. Can you tell me what will I see as far as on screen add on s for Rubini's mod? SO far I think I have seen more harbor activities but can you tell me what will I see as far as Milk Cows and minor ports like Vigo? Will ships appear on map at some locations? I have attempted career starts in 42 and 43 and so far no sign of Vigo or Milk Cows. Can anyone help? In both cases I started off Bay of Biscay bases.
Thanks
PS Is there a radio signal for running low on suppies?

gambla
01-06-06, 02:53 AM
hi john,
just installed and tested the HT-mod yesterday. afa i do understand your question, the milk-cows will appear on the map when you arrive in the area the right time (see milk-cow-map) + i received a radio-message. resupply was succesfull ! :yep:

regards,
gambla

U-5000
01-06-06, 09:21 AM
First of all if you want the milk cows and the base at Vigo you need th IUB mod 1.02 and I use the clear water mod with it so you can see underwater better. Its really good. I am in 1940 in April and have the Bessel at Vigo and Thalia at Cadiz available for resupply of My U-boat its really good and in the map shows the Convoy routes to help you out. You should really like this mod.

this is what i use.
Kriegsmarine Capital ships Mod
Sh3 Commander mod
IUB 1.02 mod ( or Improved U-boat Mod)
Wolfies TweekPak
NSS_Uboat7c_No_Camo
Sink them all v2.2
and WaW 1.4 JS
:up:

johnlax
01-06-06, 04:46 PM
Guys again please forgive me but I still am confused about Rubbini's 1.47 Har Mod which I installed last night. Does it have any text help? Can I pull up a Milk Cow map as one person suggested. Are there any new key commands that I should be aware of? Sorry to be so dense but I have gotten some conflicting info about the Milk Cow feature. Finally are there other markers or indicators that I have successfully installed ( and therefore using) Rubini'd Harbor Mod? For example should I be seeing more Harbour traffic and things like that? I did install and use the mod enabler in this case and have no other mods running Please help!

johnlax
01-06-06, 04:49 PM
Is it your understanding that Rubini's mod does not have Milk Cows? Or are some of the mods you mentioned that you use, Rubini's? I am really new to the whole mod thing

VonHelsching
01-06-06, 05:34 PM
The milk cow mod is included with Harbour Traffic v1.47, but it requires also SH3 commander. It works. I re-supplied 1 hour ago!

It is not perfect, though. You use either a ship or a u-boat to ressuply (based on historical dat), and you just "dock" to them like they were a base. When you dock,
I'ts just like you docked to your base (medals and stuff), except the
boat upgrades. After that, you select a new partol, and you get NULL (instead of your previous grid). Then, you have to quit and restart with SH3 commander, making sure that you select "days in base: 1"

When you restart, you find yourself side to sige with your supply vesse (milk cow) - this is quite nice.

johnlax
01-06-06, 06:11 PM
How do I get subcommander and can I just install it over the mod ( Harbour 1.47) that I now have in? Remember I have SH III with patch 1.4b any suggestions? Should I down load commander and install over what I have.