PDA

View Full Version : Can I attack Norwegian ships

U-5000
01-05-06, 04:47 PM
Can I attack Norwegian ships on April 9 , 1940? :roll: Operation Harmut is in operation which i think is the campaign against Norway

DAB
01-05-06, 05:22 PM
Can I attack Norwegian ships on April 9 , 1940? :roll: Operation Harmut is in operation which i think is the campaign against Norway

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Nationality_Status_Timeline

Looks like you have two days to go yet.

Sorry

JU_88
01-05-06, 07:54 PM
simple! shoot her props off with the deck gun so she cant move, then wait for two days and slam a fish in to her fuel bunker, muhahaaaa!!
:arrgh!:

DAB
01-05-06, 08:06 PM
simple! shoot her props off with the deck gun so she cant move, then wait for two days and slam a fish in to her fuel bunker, muhahaaaa!!

:rotfl: Its worth a try.

Problem I see is that you would end up being declared renagade and having the Norwegian Navy (eg, those pesky Armoured Trawlers) pay you a visit.

Marhkimov
01-05-06, 08:07 PM
It's proven that shooting at a neutral ship may give you unwanted bugs. I wouldn't do it.

Just a heads up for you guys... :hmm:

JU_88
01-05-06, 08:40 PM

Problem I see is that you would end up being declared renagade and having the Norwegian Navy (eg, those pesky Armoured Trawlers) pay you a visit.

Muh! Armed trawers! thats all the norwiegen navy has to offer SH3! in reality they had a little bit more than that up there sleeve including 2 frigates, 6 submarines, 14 patrol boats, 1 minelayer, 6 minesweepers, 1 mine detection vessel, 1 support vessel and 2 training vessels. :P
Hey dont laugh! One of those six subs sunk U-974-

"U-974 Sunk 19 April, 1944 in the North Sea by Stavanger, Norway, in position 59.08N, 05.23E, by torpedoes from Norwegian submarine HNoMS Ula. 42 dead and 8 survivors." :o

Fritz
01-05-06, 11:45 PM
hey, don't mock us Norwegians :-)

we sank more then that, we sank Blucher aswell

with Moses, Aron and 2 torps :-))

thnx to that, our King and most of the goverment survived the germans :-)

Norwegians also fought innland, a team of local shooters hold off a hughe bunk of Germans nearby Lillehammer.

Let's not forget the German transport ship, filled with 88's, ammo and tanks that sank outside Bergen or Trondheim...some belive it was sunk by a Polish sub, a strange case, ship is on the bottom, but there is no logg's of the sinking....maybe a selfinflicted shot by a German sub ???

Type XXIII
01-06-06, 12:38 AM
HNoMS Ula was not in Norwegian service in 1940, though, I believe it was given to the Royal Norwegian Navy in 43. (It was of the British "T"-class.

The submarines Norway had in 1940 were mostly WWI-vintage. None of them saw combat, though some got to England and was used for training.

panthercules
01-06-06, 12:45 AM

I actually did just that a few months ago - fortunately, the Norwegian navy was occupied elsewhere and nothing showed up (other than some passing friendly task forces) for the two days I waited nearby until the Norwegians were "officially" declared fair game enemies - I then sank the freighter and got the renown and credit for sinking an enemy ship :lol:

reznor
01-18-06, 10:32 AM
Muh! Armed trawers! thats all the norwiegen navy has to offer SH3! in reality they had a little bit more than that up there sleeve including 2 frigates, 6 submarines, 14 patrol boats, 1 minelayer, 6 minesweepers, 1 mine detection vessel, 1 support vessel and 2 training vessels. :P

PLUS FISHING BOATS

GT182
01-18-06, 10:43 AM
If you aren't using RUB or IUB you won't have any bugs with SHIII sinking Neutral shipping. You might lose a bit of renoun tho. Just did it in my last patrol sinking a neutral T2 Tanker and all is fine. Besides it was his fault for sneeking in with a British convoy. He asked for it, and got it. LOL

irish1958
01-18-06, 02:28 PM
To paraphrase John Wayne: "Snik them all and let God sort them out"
irish1958