PDA

View Full Version : Wierd savegame issue......

past caring
01-03-06, 06:12 AM
Happy New Year all......

Been away from the game for a little while, but came back to it last week.....wierd thing happened yesterday.....

I'm about ten patrols in to my career game and had got about five or six saves associated with each patrol. Disk space was getting a little short so I decided to delete some of the earliest (and now redundant) saves.....deleted the very earliest save, then went back to my career and everything was gone - all of my saves.

Decided to exit the game and re-boot. Upon restarting I got some wierd Starforce issue - "Please insert the correct disk" - this happened several times....

In the end I had to use System Restore to get the game running again - but all saves were gone. This is with 1.4b btw and a legit copy of the game - never experienced any similar issue before.

Any ideas? Anyone know of a safe way of deleting redundant career saves so as to continue with your career?

SteamWake
01-03-06, 01:19 PM
My friend you have found out the hard way that you cannot delete previous saves. Period. Doing so will corrupt your game :damn:

At least you had the wherewithall to get it back running again.

Very sorry about that. Frankly the entire save game system is suspect but thats another topic.

Deimos01
01-03-06, 04:22 PM
Aye, I did that once about 12 patrols in. :hulk: Pissed me off so bad I put up the game for a few months.

Crash Dive
01-03-06, 04:47 PM
I too have done this with my initial campaign. After 15 patrols to clean out old saves. :damn:

P_Funk
01-03-06, 10:16 PM
I've never looked at the save files themselves. Are they really so large that they take up enough disk space as to justify their deletion?

bill clarke
01-03-06, 10:42 PM
So what is the problem with deleting previous saves ? and why hasn't it been addressed in previous patch's ?

P_Funk
01-04-06, 04:00 AM
So what is the problem with deleting previous saves ? and why hasn't it been addressed in previous patch's ?

I don't think it's a bug but more of an inclusion in the game. I don't know about you guys but over the years I've seen some really bad and really well done save game styles in games. But as I've noticed its easy for them to screw it up badly. Somehow here they have created some interdependant save game system that requires a whole suite of save games. It's rather buggered in my opinion.