PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to my Kills??

galahad
12-30-05, 08:17 PM
I just did my first combat patrol today (BE96, sneaking through the channel sure was fun!) and I managed 3 kills totalling 10,000 tonnes, not much, but a start. Anyways, I had to return to base from the middle of my patrol zone cause I was out of torps, and running low on fuel (and not wanting to make another channel dash). But when I looked at the files before my second patrol, it said I had 0 kills, 0 tonnes: what's that about, it's in my logbook. Is it because I didn't sail back to Keil? Anybody help me out here?

JScones
12-30-05, 08:27 PM
This question has been asked a *lot* lately. So, if I may cut and paste the standard response...

This is the biggest bug with the regular (unmodded) game. If you upgrade your U-boat equipment before going on your first patrol it will not record any tonnage for that patrol. To avoid this problem, do not upgrade equipment until *after* completing your first patrol.

galahad
12-30-05, 08:32 PM
Okay thanks, I get it now, stupid KDB, I knew it wasn't necesary!

Marhkimov
12-30-05, 08:36 PM
Does the same thing also apply to Sub Emblems?

I'm asking because HT1.47 gives you the option to change sub emblems before you embark on your first career mission.

JScones
12-30-05, 08:42 PM
Hmmm. I hope not - 'cause I've added the same feature to the next release of SH3 Commander! I'm sure Rubini would have tested it first, but honestly I don't know. But to appease myself I'll test later today...

JScones
12-30-05, 09:03 PM
Seems to work fine on a quick test I just did.

galahad
12-30-05, 09:06 PM
I'm asking because HT1.47 gives you the option to change sub emblems before you embark on your first career mission.

What is HT1.47 and where do you get it?

Gizzmoe
12-30-05, 11:17 PM
What is HT1.47 and where do you get it?

The "Harbour Traffic" mod:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46447