PDA

View Full Version : Unresolved Radeon 8500 issues. Is there a work around?

Darkstream
12-30-05, 10:57 AM
There appears to be no search facility on this forum, so I have not been able to discover whether this problem has been solved. But I did look back a few pages in the forum, to no avail.

Ubisoft state:

“6.4. Known Problems

On ATI Radeon 8500,9000,9200 there are graphic artefacts consisting in missing triangles from the game sky.”

After patch 1.4 and the very latest Radeon drivers, the sky still winks at you like a demented dockside woman.

Personally, I would prefer a sky that is simply a backdrop (ie does not change) to this blinking inferno.

Has anybody made one as a mod?

Or discovered a fix?

Or is there some way to turn the sky off? Or freeze it?

Or are there any other drivers that will solve this problem?

My card is the 8500 64 Mb one.

I wonder if before releasing this game, let alone patching it, Ubisoft gave any thought at all to the large number of gamers who would be likely to be using these cards.

elite_hunter_sh3
12-30-05, 11:19 AM
i have a radeon 9200 se 128mb and i still get the missing triangles issu i dont really care about that.if you have money go for a radeon 9800 pro or x200- x800 and make sure you have a good power supply

Dutch
12-30-05, 11:37 AM
I've got the Radeonx850 and the only time I have a "blinking" problem is when I'm roam in free cam for like 10 mins I think it kinda overheats or something. But its nothing that boths me it usually doesn't do it unless under the most stressfull of situations.

256mg.

Bluewings
12-30-05, 01:07 PM
Darkstream , you might want to try that sky Mod :
http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches05/ail%20sky%20mod%20V2.rar

I myself run a Radeon X800 GTO from GeCube ~cheap and kick-ass card~ and never had a problem .

On the other hand , you could try to raise your anisotropic filtering to x2 or even x4 if your 8500 is up to it . It sometimes help with "flickering" textures .
Good luck .

Cheers .

Wolfram
12-30-05, 03:58 PM
Think a driver update might help?

I used to get some weird water with older ATi drivers on my X800xt PE.

Current set water is sweet....

:lurk: