PDA

View Full Version : newbie wanting advice

peppergomez
12-28-05, 10:32 PM
hi folks,

just started up sh3 and am eager to get started. i am finding the learning curve a bit daunting though, and wonder if you all have any advice. specifically, i was wondering if there existed the equivalent of an online squad, as for flight sims. an online wolfpack or thereabouts would be really cool, and i would really love it if there were any online tutorials using voice comms like rw or teamspeak, where squad members can provide training to new captains.

i have the resolution increase mod, the milk cow mod, and the vitamin mod, and was wondering if there are any other mods considered must haves. the hollywood explosion one looks pretty cool.

thanks!

pepper

Kalach
12-28-05, 11:24 PM
Welcome aboard.
Have a read through the community manual to get you started, it can be found here --> http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii
Watch the games training videos, and do all the navy academy missions before you try to command a real boat ;)

Speaking of mods, JSGME (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler) is a great tool for adding/removing mods without having to worry about destroying anything.
SH3 Commander is a good one, and I like RuB too, but you should get at least a few missions done in the stock game first.

Also SH3 1.4b patch is very important :know:

peppergomez
12-28-05, 11:43 PM
thanks

Saturn5
12-29-05, 03:44 AM
I strongly recommend Stieblers Sensor mod. This mod fixed the ranges of the radar detection devices. Later in war early detection of enemy radar becomes a live or death issue. This mod saved my boot and my crew numerous times.

Crash Dive
12-29-05, 11:50 AM
When you get the basics down you must try RuB 1.45, its an excellent mod. As mentioned above JSGME is a must. :|\