PDA

View Full Version : Uncut (long version) of Das Boot for Christmas

JayW.
12-27-05, 10:28 PM
Oh man. What an enjoyable Film with extra scenes in it. It is more of a sweet film than before. I love the scene with the captain told his red-headed second officer (my favorite crew member aboard U-96), "....In twenty minutes" after talking to the bridge watch crew. You just knew a crash dive drill was coming. Priceless!

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! ALLLLLLLAAARRRRRMMMM!!!!!!!!! :up: :rock: :sunny:

JayW.

Hudsonhawk
12-27-05, 10:44 PM
I also have the "Un-Cut"......and yes it's GRRREAT!!!!!!! :up:

Try watching it in German.....with subtitles....there are still more scenes to see that you don't with the English version.... :know:

Camaero
12-27-05, 11:05 PM
The uncut version is my favorite movie of all time. Never have 5 or so hours gone by so quickly. I bought it myself recently and simply can't go back to any of the shorter versions. It is like combining Band of Brothers into a 2 hour movie... Just impossible!

gdogghenrikson
12-28-05, 12:34 AM
yes Das boot is great movie (I have the uncut version also and love it!)

Sailor Steve
12-28-05, 10:44 PM
Uncut version here as well. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Kpt. Lehmann
12-28-05, 10:51 PM
The Un-cut version is a "must-have!"

The only thing I like better about the "director's cut" is the new voice-overs and re-mastered sound-effects.

Paajtor
12-29-05, 03:17 PM
I have the Director's Cut, but in a release by SuperBit.

This version has no extra's, and the space this leaves open, is used to bring the quality of image and sound (DTS) to a very high level...bitrate is approx. 2.5 to 3 times higher than on a normal dvd.
This lower compression-rate results in a higher contrast and more image-details.