PDA

View Full Version : An open thanks

Capt Noah and Crew
12-27-05, 02:06 PM
I am awaiting delivery of the game and am using the time to read your excellent site and tutorials,so will have some understanding of what is required. Clearly I will download the apporpriate patch before setting off to the "Acadamy"

A warm thank you to those who have posted such fine help files.

Capt. Noah

Wolfram
12-27-05, 04:12 PM
:ahoy:

Welcome Aboard Herr Kaleun.

:lurk:

Perilscope
12-27-05, 06:22 PM
Welcome Capt. Noah, good to meet you! :cool:

U-552Erich-Topp
12-27-05, 07:11 PM
:up: Yes, Velcome aboard. You to vill become an excellent wolf as vell. Good Hunting, Erich Topp U-552

Wolfram
12-28-05, 09:47 AM
I'm new to SH3 also. So far I'm very impressed by everything. A little worried about the Starforce issue, but we'll see how it goes. So far, nothing noticeable. But the game overall is a giant leap forward for subsims.

Sea Demon

Sea Demon you must be an old salt from SH2 like me ;)

Now if we can get SH4 in the tube ready to fire with some wolfpacks and MMP this could get interesting...

irish1958
12-28-05, 11:56 AM
If you do the navel academy with the 1.4 patch, you need to surface after the first ship and get the rest of them on the surface with the uzo. It is impossible to chase the ships down while submerged
irish1958

irish1958
12-28-05, 11:57 AM
If you do the navel academy with the 1.4 patch, you need to surface after the first ship and get the rest of them on the surface with the uzo. It is impossible to chase the ships down while submerged
irish1958

Capt Noah and Crew
12-28-05, 01:15 PM
Thanks for those welcomes and tips they will be followed.

I am thinking that the smart/start after the accademy will be to settle into the game and assess my machine's (computers ability) before considering any mod add ons?

Capt. Noah

Gizzmoe
12-28-05, 01:18 PM
I am thinking that the smart/start after the accademy will be to settle into the game and assess my machine's (computers ability) before considering any mod add ons?

Not really. Post your system configuration, then we can tell you if the machine will be able to handle the major mods.

Capt Noah and Crew
12-28-05, 01:44 PM
I hope this info assists in your advice, my specs show as:

Windows XP Home edition.
Pentium 4CPU
MEM 512 RAM (CURRENTLY 418MB USED 831MB available)
Direct X 9.0c

Nvidia Gforce Fx5200 ultra V.CARD 256 MB.

cAPT nOAH.

Sea Demon
12-28-05, 04:33 PM
Sea Demon you must be an old salt from SH2 like me ;)

Now if we can get SH4 in the tube ready to fire with some wolfpacks and MMP this could get interesting...

Actually, I'm from the Sub Command/Dangerous Waters crowd. Every now and then I get nostalgiac for the old days (WW2) and need to take a break from my 688(I) and Seawolf subs, and get into a Type VII U-Boat.. :cool:

And I agree with you about SH4.

Sea Demon