PDA

View Full Version : Can't load simdata.dll

Carolus Rex
12-26-05, 05:13 PM
I get the message "Can't load simdata.dll" when I try to load up SH3. Does anyone know what this means and how to solve the problem?

I have the original retail game and not a copy. The only thing I have chnaged that I can rember since last time I played is installing the latest omega drivers.

Anyone who can help?

timetraveller
12-26-05, 05:58 PM
I get the message "Can't load simdata.dll" when I try to load up SH3. Does anyone know what this means and how to solve the problem?

I have the original retail game and not a copy. The only thing I have chnaged that I can rember since last time I played is installing the latest omega drivers.

Anyone who can help?

SimData.dll is a game file and is normally found in the main SH3 game folder. Check to make sure it is still there.

Beyond that, maybe it got corrupted somehow. I wouldn't think installing video drivers would mess with this file, but who knows. Could be Omega drivers do individual game tweaks?? Someone with more knowledge might answer this one.

TT

Kalach
12-26-05, 07:07 PM
My computer occasionally does something it shouldn't and ruins a few files. I just run the checkdisk tool (start menu - run - type 'chkdsk' and hit enter) and it will do its scan and often "recover lost data" which usauly fixes things like this.

If that still doesn't work you could roll back your drivers (though that's proberly not it..) or re-install the game, all your save game files will be kept safely in 'my documents' folder.