PDA

View Full Version : To hitman "Alfa-Tau sub with CB's med cam."

The Old Man
12-24-05, 02:22 PM
Hi hitman,
I have been trying to get The Italian subs to work with CB's med campaign. It says you can use a custom sub but I can never get it to work. Is it possible to do it manually using the alantic.cam from Alfa-Tau & CB's cam?
Thanx
Roy

CB..
12-24-05, 06:30 PM
you need to add the custom sub you want to the data file containing the list of all available vessels in the game--german.something or other some where or other--lol blown if i can remeber exactly where the file is but it's not hard to find--once you've done that you can simply type the name you used into the options window in med cam and it should work fine--

you'll have to do the same thing for a hand edited campaign so check the german vessel list file as it needs to on that list to be selectable--

The Old Man
12-25-05, 07:18 AM
do you mean "Silent Hunter ll\sim\unit's"?
NSSPerla.UDF <~~~~do I type all this in or just NSSPerla?
Perla does not work?
This sub is also in the "models" directory to
Thank you
& merry xmas to you CB
Roy

CB..
12-25-05, 09:19 AM
do you mean "Silent Hunter ll\sim\unit's"?
NSSPerla.UDF <~~~~do I type all this in or just NSSPerla?
Perla does not work?
This sub is also in the "models" directory to
Thank you
& merry xmas to you CB
Roy

Cheers! :up:
no there's a specific file that contains all the german vessel names dates of service etc etc

i think it's called

german.DB

if the custom sub isn't on that list then it won't be playable-
some here should be able to clue you in -

Merry Christmas !! :up:

edit-- i should imagine typeing in

NSSPerla should do the trick--

check out any single missions that came with the alfa mod to see how the perla is written into those missions and type the same into the generator options window-- i'ts a matter of getting the name right as written in the german.db --(check the DB folder) it does work it's just getting the name exactly right

The Old Man
12-25-05, 09:59 AM
I got it to work by adding it to CB1.sdf to CB.5sdf & the alantic.cam
one other question though, the mission object is contact reports & return to another base but there is no patrol zone? I guess you patrol the whole med?
thanx for your help :D
Roy
Med. here I come

CB..
12-25-05, 10:44 AM
I got it to work by adding it to CB1.sdf to CB.5sdf & the alantic.cam
one other question though, the mission object is contact reports & return to another base but there is no patrol zone? I guess you patrol the whole med?
thanx for your help :D
Roy
Med. here I come

He he!! now your asking me--lol--it was ages ago when i wrote the generator and i can't remember exactly how i wrote in the patrol zones--
but they are there and they are randomised so is the return to base order--

the generator should write the atlantic.cam for you :yep:
so i not sure what changes the alfa mod makes which might negate that--

you should recieve a radio message (not allways at the same time each patrol) giving you your patrol zone--

been a long while now--lol the jist of the generator was to get decent changing weather and accurate weather reports coupled with a method of negating the save games bugs so you could allways save the game without losing destroyer aggression after re-loading your save--

if your not recieving the radio messages regarding patrol zones--and the atlantic.cam isn't being written by the generator i can only imagine that the alfa mod and the generator are incompatible in some manner--

you should also be able to edit the templates supplied with the generator to use any new ships supplied with the alfa mod by changing the names of the vessels (same as you did with the player sub) to the ones you want---

there was never any genuine interest in the generator at the time so i didn't persue it any further--

The Old Man
12-25-05, 11:12 PM
I got the radio message & got to malta & got blown out the water by shore guns "I'll never do high tc around enemy land anymore. Thank you for the med.cam, I am truly enjoying it :D
Roy

CB..
12-26-05, 10:52 AM
I got the radio message & got to malta & got blown out the water by shore guns "I'll never do high tc around enemy land anymore. Thank you for the med.cam, I am truly enjoying it :D
Roy

Cheers Old Man have fun!! :up: