PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issues

Pharaoh49
12-23-05, 09:58 AM
Does anyone else experience this; and do you know of a fix?

Whenever I go to an outside view while surfaced, either on the tower or external, I hear the background sounds of the waves and the wind, as one should.

However, when I submerge again, those sounds are still there. Much of the time this doesn't hurt anything other than being annoying when one prefers realism, but it certainly interferes when I'm at the hydrophone station listening for distant sound contacts.

So far, the only thing I have seen get rid of it is to save and exit while submerged then reload again; an annoying pain in the keester.

I sure hope somebody knows of a fix for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Average Joe
12-23-05, 07:19 PM
Hello,

Yes I have the same problem(s), sometimes.

'Windy' weather sounds while submerged, or the diesal-engine (or electric) keeps running, even though it's at 'full-stop', etc.

If there's a fix I'd like to know about it. Otherwise the next best choice is to turn down the volume, of some of the 'ambient' sound files. They're located in the Sh3\data\sound folder. Look for files starting with 'amb'. I think there are 10 'amb' ambient files total.

For instance, I've reduced volume (greatly) for
amb_OceanSkylineLight.wav, as this is one of the wind/wave files that plays sometimes, when it should not.

p.s. Btw I have an SBLive! sound card. I'd guess it happens with other sound cards too.

Pharaoh49
12-24-05, 07:46 AM
Well, I guess it's not a soundcard issue (re: your SB-Live) since I use the integral soundcard built into my ASUS motherboard.

Would sure like to know if there's a fix for this. Very annoying.

Thanks for the reply Joe

supposedtobeworking
08-04-06, 04:25 PM
Yes I just started noticing the same problem I know this is an old thread but I am curious if there has been a fix found for it?

Gizzmoe
08-04-06, 10:53 PM
Most sound problems can be fixed by either installing a newer or older sound driver or by lowering the hardware sound acceleration (Start, Run, dxdiag, Sound tab).

supposedtobeworking
08-05-06, 04:34 AM
Actually I ave been experimenting and this sound issue seems to happen when a sudden switch is made via hotkeys from the bridge...i.e. pressing F2 or F5. I use the goback command (Insert modded) to manually get to the interior by step (Deck, Conning Tower, Command Room, etc. ) and it seems to help...could just be coincidence or random but seems to work so far. I have the latest sound drivers and hardware accel turned off completely--I also have onboard sound so that may be a reason as well--ALC850 AC97 on a Asus A8nE mobo.