PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 questions

Chad
12-22-05, 04:15 PM
Before I purchase Battlefield 2 I have a couple of questions. Does it have singleplayer? If it does have single player how is it? I'm on dialup for the time being and want a new modern combat FPS so I was wondering how singleplayer is on this game.

Also, I've read reviews on how great game play is, so once I get my broadband back I'll be playing it on that, but you know how it goes, the sooner you get it, the better. Just thought I'd ask.

Chad

Seeadler
12-23-05, 05:15 PM
BF2 is mainly a multi-player game and momentary the only game I have installed on my new HighEnd PC, I play nearly each evening some on-line matches with it. :up:

Sure it has a single player option but it is from my point of view only a training session, expect no good AI of the CPU controled units. But the single player is well to learn the handling of the different units and weapons :cool:

And there are great multiplayer WWII and WWI mods in development :up:

Officerpuppy
12-23-05, 06:21 PM
Im getting BF2 Modern Combat for my b-day, I hope it's just as good as good as the PC version.

Hellcat
12-23-05, 06:51 PM
If you can get a few friends into one server and form a squad, you'll have one of the best online gaming ever. (especially if you all have mics)

However this game still has a few issues that I must state outta spite for EA/DICE after publishing several of these games...

Now this all existed in BF 1942...

1) Fix the @#$#InG in game browser, if the they had a working one back when quake III was released well all I can say is WTF!!! (ie browser is slow and chunky, buttons are unresponsive, game restarts are required if you "lose" your list)

2) The guns are toned down to be easier to use for "noobs". (ie the medic can be just as accurate and deadly than a sniper at range...)
Hell the whole gun model is just pooched +
The LMG is spray and pray weapon only with absolutily zero accruarcy at any given range no matter if you're prone or standing, brust firing or full blast....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inetd
12-31-05, 10:25 AM
According to what I have heard, BF2 - Modern Combat is not as good as Battefield 2 (PC), so I'd rather get the PC version if possible. However, it looks like the console game has much to offer for single-player, something the PC version lacks.