PDA

View Full Version : Proggie to autostart DVD and .....

Drebbel
12-17-05, 02:33 PM
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a free proggie to autostart a DVD and then present a menu. The menu should list 3 avi files that are on the cd and one readme file.

When clicking on the items the movie should start, or readme should open.

Any suggestions ?

Gizzmoe
12-17-05, 02:47 PM
This program seems to be good:
http://www.cdmenu.de/

Or this maybe?
http://www.pollensoftware.com/autorun/actnmenu.html

kiwi_2005
12-17-05, 07:04 PM
NERO 7 does it as well

Jesper
12-18-05, 11:23 AM
I would think that the DVD needs to have been burned as DVD w/ menu like if it was a normal DVD, then all DVD players can "play upon disc detection" (PowerDVD is one)

Drebbel
12-18-05, 11:44 AM
NERO 7 does it as well

You sure it support opening a file that is not a movie or a music file, like a txt file ?

Zepheron
12-18-05, 12:33 PM
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a free proggie to autostart a DVD and then present a menu. The menu should list 3 avi files that are on the cd and one readme file.

Any suggestions ?

Windows xp does this on its own. All you have to do is set "open folder to view files" as your defalt action when you put a disk in drive. you will see a list of all files on the dvd.

Drebbel
12-18-05, 12:38 PM
Hi everybody,

Any suggestions ?

Windows xp does this on its own. All you have to do is set "open folder to view files" as your defalt action when you put a disk in drive. you will see a list of all files on the dvd.

Thanks for the suggestion, but XP of course does not present a menu, and that is what I would like to see. Simple menu with 4 options.

Jesper
12-19-05, 02:17 AM
if the dvd doesnt have a menu already no program will show a "select" menu. you would have to create a menu and burn it on the dvd along with the 4 files (use ULead DVD Studio 3 or similar tool).

kiwi_2005
12-19-05, 02:43 AM
You sure it support opening a file that is not a movie or a music file, like a txt file

Sorry - you could be right, she will auto open a movie/music but a txt file not too sure.

Run a script using notepad ,i use this method to when making powerpoint presentations, you would just change the name to your txt file
[autorun]
shellexecute=txtfile name
shell=txtfile name
icon=myicon.ico