PDA

View Full Version : Is there really no difference in VIIC variants?

Ducimus
12-16-05, 10:39 PM
I know its been covered.. somewhere, at some point in time, but is there really no difference between the VIIC, VIIC/41 and VIIC/42 in SH3?

I know all type 7C's use the same submarine files, but for some reason i just find it hard to beleive that ubi cloned the same sub three times and the only thing they changed was the label. I know that all 7c's share the same files, but you'd think (ok hope) thered at least be a little line of code in one of those files that doesnt say something like

"if subver == 2 then dive time = 0.25
else dive time == 0.27"

Or did they really clone the same sub 3 times in the config file and just change the label?

CaptJodan
12-17-05, 12:26 AM
I think they really cloned them, for the most part.

gdogghenrikson
12-17-05, 01:17 AM
I believe the 41 and the 42 model had better dive times and diffrent upgrades...But dont hold me to that.......or you could look at www.uboat.net

Krupp
12-17-05, 04:50 AM
TYpe VIIC/41 was otherwise identical to VIIC, but it was built from a better quality (Ww) steel. So it could dive a lot deeper and could withstand more punishment from DC attacks. That sounds like a good reason for me to get VII/41.

Ducimus
12-17-05, 11:34 AM
:damn:

Maybe i should have asked this in the mod forum. :rotfl:

This isnt a question about historical fact, its a question about how the game implements then. Edited orginal post for clarification :P

Krupp
12-17-05, 01:18 PM
Yep, noticed that the question was about the game. Whether or not it's implemented (differences between C and C/41) I'm going to think that there is difference. It should be easy to tweak tho. Diving depths I mean.... and put some more hit points to your sub after you have got the C/41. :88)