PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading U-Boats

gallycadet
12-12-05, 10:23 PM
I just got the game, and I'm playing it from the start, seeing how long I can surive.. it's Jan 1941, and I'm in 1st Flotilla with a II-D. It was my assumption that by now I would have the option to upgrade to the type 7, since they were already avaible by that time. Does the 1st not get anything except for the Type 2, or do I need to wait a while longer?

The only mod I use is SH3 Commander.

Camaero
12-12-05, 10:39 PM
Here is a list of all the Flotillas along with the year you can get a certain sub.

Check that FAQ buddy, a lot of good information is there (Including the answer to this question)

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=37511

gallycadet
12-12-05, 11:05 PM
that lists subs you start with, not which subs become available at which month of the year, etc. and I was reading about SH3 commander.. apparently it changes some sub availability dates.. any way to fix that?

Camaero
12-12-05, 11:43 PM
Sorry I misunderstood you there. This should answer your question:
http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Career_Timeline

Be sure to scroll down all the way until it gets to the Flotillas.

Unless I am missing something however, it does look like a few are missing such as the IXD's

gallycadet
12-12-05, 11:52 PM
thats exactly what I was looking for :) Thanks. too bad it doesn't list which flotilla's get which boats, but can't have everything in life :)

Gracias.

Camaero
12-13-05, 12:21 AM
It does! Just scroll down to the end.

It's just below the map showing Ports/ Flotillas. I think that is what you are searching for! :know:

JScones
12-13-05, 03:07 AM
The lists in the above links are irrelevant if you are using SH3Cmdr. SH3Cmdr corrects the availability dates for U-boats based on the Flotilla of the selected career (well, for the 1st, 2nd and 7th Flotillas anyway). Pls read the last FAQ in Problems with SH3 Commander? Check here first! (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=45430) for further details. The FAQ also advises how to remove or make changes to the SH3Cmdr values, as does SH3Cmdr Help.html, a recommended read for SH3Cmdr users!

Basically:

1st Flotilla:
IIA - 9/39
IID - 9/40
VIIB - 6/41
VIIC - 3/41 (yes, before the VIIB)
VIIC/41 - 6/44

2nd Flotilla:
VIIB - 9/39
IXB - 10/39
IXC - 1/41
IXC/40 - 7/42

7th Flotilla:
VIIB - 9/39
VIIC - 8/40
VIIC/41 - 6/44

For the remaining Flotillas, simply look at Basic.cfg and Flotilla.cfg to find the applicable U-boat types and availability dates (where to look has been answered in previous posts on this subject, of which there have been many!). SH3Cmdr does not modify any other Flotillas, so unless you've installed a related mod, the dates will reflect stock SH3. I believe Beery will be updating the remaining Flotillas in the next SH3Cmdr release.

The next release of SH3Cmdr will include a table outlining the dates it uses, to make it clearer for users.

Camaero
12-13-05, 03:14 AM
Thanks JScones! I too use SHIII Commander (Doesn't everybody?) and wasn't aware of that.