PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with the fatigue of my crew?

Temujin
12-12-05, 03:35 AM
I installed the RUB 1.45 plus several other mods.

In the 'ReadMe' file is says: '..the fatigue marker's shape and colour has been changed..'
Sorry, but the marker looks just the same (or is there another marker?)

It also says:
Fatigue (now combat stress) will no longer heal during time spent in the sleeping areas, but these areas will prevent crewmen from becoming more stressed. Fill these compartments with all non-essential personnel in order to keep them rested for duty.

and I say: WTF!?
How can people play long patrol of weeks at sea if they can't relax or sleep?

Is there a trick that I've missed?

Temujin (puzzled)

The Avon Lady
12-12-05, 04:18 AM
I'm playing with RUb 1.45 fatigue and it's not great, though in concept, it's in the right direction.

The easiest solution to chose another fatigue method is to install SH3 Commander. It lets you choose between the RUb or default game fatigue models or no fatigue at all.

Make sure to read SH3 Commander's install instructions throughly before using.

JScones
12-12-05, 04:29 AM
Make sure to read SH3 Commander's install instructions throughly before using.
Yeah, I hear the developer gets quite narky otherwise. ;)

Some modders have also developed unique fatigue models for use with SH3Cmdr. I'm sure they'll be available via the forum or at the usual depository...

Ducimus
12-12-05, 09:40 PM
Personally i ended turning fatiuge off alltogether.

Just havent found the right faituge system yet that is enjoyable to work with. I think RUB's is a step in the right direction, but not quite there.

What i would personnaly like is to set up automatic 12 hour crew rotations.

Being prior military, im guessing the captain would set up the boats "work schedule" but responsiblity for keeping that schedule would be delegated to suboordinates. Any military delegates authority as the norm. An officer is responslible for having something done. An NCO is responsible for doing it.

As a uboat captain you shoulldnt have to micromanage every little detail. You got your Jr officers, and petty officers for that.

Hartmann
12-12-05, 09:57 PM
I finally remove the RUB fatigue system for other because i play with acelerated time, and while i follow a ship or a convoy the aceleration time donĀ“t go up to 32, and the crew became fatigued too soon in the diesel engine and electric motor compartment without the possibility of recover.

Now i can follow a convoy at 32x , and always the quarters fulls of rested people, i replace the fatigued crew , put the best mens in their stations and no problem :up:

Ducimus
12-12-05, 10:09 PM
Problem with turning fatigue off is crew experience, rank, medals, etc, are relalitvly meaningless and do nothing ingame.

In my minds eye i have this fatigue system. Trouble is i dont know how to implement it.

12 hour (game time) rotation. At 1200 hrs, and 0000 hrs crew B crawls out of their bunks, and Crew A crawls into "the other mans stink". Either automatically, or by the press of a button.

Mid shift, and towards the end of the shift, crew fatigue wil vary depending on experience. This way your boat seems more alive, your crew members experience count for something, and you dont have to play "lemmings in the boat".

Marhkimov
12-12-05, 10:15 PM
Have you tried these mods?

Realtime_fatigue_24_v1
-24 hour fatigue mod

Realtime_fatigue_v2
-8 hour fatigue mod

Just install them manually and disable the SH3Cmdr fatigue options.

You can find them at terrapin's under the mod section. Gouldjg put these files together, and they work really well.

Ducimus
12-12-05, 10:27 PM
Problem is you still have to manually move your crewman around. Thats the micromanage part i like to avoid.

I want it automatic, or at the very least, a button that moves crewman around from preasigned positionsfrom either in bunks or on watch to their station.

Am i being a lazy gamer, yes. But i think i think its unrealistic to not expect the captain to walk through the boat and say, "you and you and you and you, on watch.. you you and you go to bed" every 12 hours.

They should already know where and when their supposed to go on watch, and the captain shouldnt have to step in unless theres a disiplinary problem.

Marhkimov
12-13-05, 01:18 AM
Problem is you still have to manually move your crewman around. Thats the micromanage part i like to avoid.

I want it automatic, or at the very least, a button that moves crewman around from preasigned positionsfrom either in bunks or on watch to their station.

Am i being a lazy gamer, yes. But i think i think its unrealistic to not expect the captain to walk through the boat and say, "you and you and you and you, on watch.. you you and you go to bed" every 12 hours.

They should already know where and when their supposed to go on watch, and the captain shouldnt have to step in unless theres a disiplinary problem.

All of this is true, but since this is a game, what else is there to do? I think of the micromanagement as a way to break up the boredom of a long voyage.

It's more fun to move around my men than hit high TC and wait for ships. But that's just me...

CptGrayWolf
12-13-05, 02:49 AM

All of this is true, but since this is a game, what else is there to do? I think of the micromanagement as a way to break up the boredom of a long voyage.

It's more fun to move around my men than hit high TC and wait for ships. But that's just me...

marhkimov I agree with you.
At first I also said that micro managing was unrealistic and a waste of time etc... but after a while, I noticed that this was a great way to 'bond' with my crew.
Read the crews names and how much experience they have, rankings etc...
Look at it as a game within the game. :up: