PDA

View Full Version : DAS BOOT sound mod for CAOD?

pescador11
12-09-05, 12:12 PM
Greetings everyone....I have been playing this Classic Subsim recently. From what I understand someone created a Sound mod for CAOD. I have searched everywhere but I can't find such a mod.
Can someone kindly point me in the right direction or send the files to me via email. Thank you very much and Happy Holidays!
email: pascualast@aol.com

The Old Man
12-09-05, 07:07 PM
I may be wrong but das boot was never made for aces of the deep,
Silent hunter 2 yes but not aces

turbidite
12-10-05, 11:25 AM
There was a sound mod for AOD :yep: . I cannot access my computer being at sea for the moment - remind me in one month and I'll dig it for you.

pescador11
12-11-05, 12:30 PM
Thanks Guys. I appreciate your input. Turbidite...Stay safe.

turbidite
12-12-05, 07:10 AM
I've sent you a link to the file on rapidshare - you can post it here once you've finished if somebody else want access to it.

turbidite
12-13-05, 02:10 AM
Here's the link :

http://rapidshare.de/files/9003520/aodsfx.zip.html

Rapidshare has somewhat changed their system. On the page you get you should go on the bottom and click on Free in the "select your download". On the second page you have to enter the text in the image. This is to twart automatic downloader I believe.

Good luck

MarkShot
12-13-05, 08:37 AM
Thanks for those sound effects.

I still play AOD under DOSBOX from time to time.

Were there any other worthwhile mods to the game that you might have? The only thing which I use beyond the standard game at the moment is a hex editor sometimes to set the sub type I want for campaign.

pescador11
12-13-05, 02:41 PM
Still having trouble downloading the mod. Could be AOL. Mark...think you could email the files to me? I sure would appreciate it. Email: pascualast@aol.com
Mark...how difficult to use is the Hex Editor you mention in your post? If it is not too large a file could you email that to me also?
Thanks Guys,
pescador11

MarkShot
12-13-05, 03:28 PM
Email sent (including the HEX editor and directions).

Fairly simple.

(1) Open the save game.
(2) Find the byte location, MENU=NAVIGATE|GOTO|HEX ADDRESS.
(3) Input the desired HEX value.
(4) Exit the program and say yes to save the save game changes.

That's it.