PDA

View Full Version : Complete Guidlines?

Camaero
12-04-05, 10:43 PM
Are there any complete guidlines for the general gameplay? I have seen quite a few online manuals on different aspects on this game, but I still have so many more questions!

Such as:

What are the differences between the different deck gun ammo? Most of them I understand but whats the star something do?

What upgrades are really worth it?
What do the medals do for your crew?
Whats the best way to get a good crew?
Should I buy them or what?

It would be great if some of you could either just post what you think or point me into the right direction.

Thanks!

Kalach
12-04-05, 10:54 PM
Checkout the community manual; http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii

It has lots of tips and tricks, and explains those sort of things :up:

Read these forums often and you'll always be learning something new.

Trav_R
12-04-05, 11:25 PM
Yup, that community manual is a good one.

P_Funk
12-05-05, 12:35 AM
Community Manual is important.

And Star SHells are designed to illuminate a dark area. THe shell at a certain height deploys a parashoot and burns essentially a very bright flare which illuminates the area. Not sure why U-boats wouldn want to do that but its fun to be wreckless.

The Avon Lady
12-05-05, 01:28 AM
Also make sure to read through Red Devil's tutorials (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/dominicobaggio/SilentHunterIII.html). :yep:

Camaero
12-05-05, 01:37 AM
Thanks guys and girls!

Kalach
12-05-05, 07:27 PM
Community Manual is important.

And Star SHells are designed to illuminate a dark area. THe shell at a certain height deploys a parashoot and burns essentially a very bright flare which illuminates the area. Not sure why U-boats wouldn want to do that but its fun to be wreckless.

The best use I've found for them is to use them like normal shells when you have nothing else ;)
Also if I've been stalking a trawler I like to give them a wake-up call by firing one above them - that will teach them to pay attention :arrgh!: