PDA

View Full Version : When I sink a destroyer, the crew just disappear...

toryu
12-04-05, 05:18 PM
I've seen plenty of screenshots of enemy sailors flying through the air when their destroyer, patrol boat or whatever gets torpedoed. But not for me. Whenever I target an enemy warship, or any ship with a crew on it, they just disappear when the ship blows up. Anyone know what's up with that? I'm using SH3 1.4b. I'm running HT1.45, but I the crew did the disappearing trick even when it was unpatched.

Gracias amigos.

bookworm_020
12-04-05, 06:54 PM
The crew disapears when the the unit is destroyed. You will see them fly through the air only if there are major explosions on impact of the torpedeo.

Impact shots will cause explosions, Mag tend not to.

Happy hunting! :arrgh!:

Von Scheerbach
12-04-05, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the crew flying through the air is from a mod, not the stock game.

In the downloads section, there is a mod called "Real Damage Mod for 1.3" that shows men flying through the air, and I think some of the Hollywood suff on Terrapin's site may also include that, I'm not sure.

The only mods I use are SH3 Commander 2.3, IuB 1.02, and the Merchant Vulnerability mod.

Der Teddy Bar
12-04-05, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the crew flying through the air is from a mod, not the stock game.

In the downloads section, there is a mod called "Real Damage Mod for 1.3" that shows men flying through the air, and I think some of the Hollywood suff on Terrapin's site may also include that, I'm not sure.

The only mods I use are SH3 Commander 2.3, IuB 1.02, and the Merchant Vulnerability mod.
Nope, part of the stock game. They may have populated more areas with this... Effect1=#Splinter_crewmans_explosion01, 100

nelson
12-04-05, 07:59 PM
Don't you get this flying crew effect with the hollywood mod? I'm fairly sure that's what it does, I may be wrong. It adds more dramatic explosions and crew flying through the air.

gouldjg
12-04-05, 08:34 PM
Yes

Hollywood included these effects.

On earlier versions, they were also added to planes etc etc and could be extreme.

Some like, some don't.

I just have not yet got round to deciding how to go about a new damage model yet.

If I can nail the pin points of the DC then I have a great start in getting something pretty much bang on.

toryu
12-05-05, 02:08 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll bear this in mind for the next time I take a shot at a warship.