PDA

View Full Version : Commanding an XXI in 1939

kiwi_2005
12-04-05, 04:07 PM
Forgot the name of the post where the person put up a how to have a XXI in 1939.
I want to have a carreer commanding a XXI in 39 just for the fun of it. But when i do the changes nothing happens:
The changes are this: In his own words,

This is a way of having the XXI earlier. I don't remember the one who posted this, but thank's go to him/her!
I've tried it once, just to see if it worked, and it did!

- First start up silent hunter III, create a new profile and name your character anything you like.

- Next start up your career in 1943 in Bergen. This is where the sub becomes available.

- Next go through approximately 1 patrol. Whether you play it through or you just start it up and then end it doesn't matter.

- Next exit Silent Hunter III.

- Now, in Windows, go to your "My Documents" folder (usually on your desktop).
Find a folder named "SH3". This is the Silent Hunter 3 savegame folder.
Go into the "data" folder, then the "cfg" folder, and finally the "Careers" folder.
Go into the folder that was the name of the character you just created.

In this folder you will find the cfg files you need to modify.

- First go into the Careers.cfg file. To open it right click on it and open it with notepad.
Now hit Ctrl + F on your keyboard to open a search box.
Type in the search box renown and hit find next.
You will now see the renown line.
It should look like this if you had completed the tutorials and created a fresh profile.

(Renown=1500.000000 )

You will need renown to buy the type XXI so change it to the following:

- Renown=99999.000000

- Again hit Ctrl + F and search for any more lines that have the renown line in them.
Change the numerical amount of all of these 99999.000000.

- Next is to change the date so the sub is available.
Hit ctrl + F and type in the search box crtmonth.
You may have to search up or down the file to find this text.
You should find 3 lines of text that contain crtmonth, crtday, crtyear. Make these read the following.

CrtMonth=6
CrtDay=1
CrtYear=1944

- Search for any other instances of these lines and change the current dates and search for to the ones given above.
Now save your file and exit it.

- Next open the Careers_0.cfg in notepad and do the ctrl+F. Type in the box CrtMonth.
CrtMonth should now be highlighted in the text file. Make the 3 lines as follows

CrtMonth=6
CrtDay=1
CrtYear=1

The year will be 1 now because before this it should have been 0 hence you are adding 1 year to make it 1944.
Do the ctrl+F thing again and search for renown. Make all renown lines =99999.000000.
Save and exit the file.

- Now start up silent hunter 3.
- Load your character profile that you just edited.
- Go through each save game and look for the save that was right after your first patrol.
The year should say 1944 and the Renown should be 99999.
- Load this save game. You should now be able to buy the XXI.
If you wish to go back in time simply save the game after you buy the sub, exit the game, and go back into the cfg files.
Set the crtMonth, crtday, and crtyear to anything you want.
You can even make it 1939!
__________________________________________________ ___

- Next open the Careers_0.cfg in notepad and do the ctrl+F. Type in the box CrtMonth.
CrtMonth should now be highlighted in the text file. Make the 3 lines as follows

CrtMonth=6
CrtDay=1
CrtYear=1

The above is where i went wrong i think, to change the CrtYear=1 before this he says it would of been a 0. but in my careers_0 file it was originally "CrtYear1943" so i changed it to 1944.
Also my renown still says 1800, do i have to change it somewhere else as well, not just in the SH3 save folder but in the SH3 game folder?

Any help or is there any mod to enable the XXI at the start of the war?

kiwi_2005
12-05-05, 02:08 AM
Wow thanks everyone! :o

Someone must know....

:damn:

Ducimus
12-05-05, 06:46 PM
Ive experimented with this many times over. Primarly out of curiosity.

To make a long story short, unless theres a way to properly edit the roster for this sub, your limited to the following if you want to be assigned a patrol grid.

1. Only works in the 11th floatilla. For the life of me i cant figure out why. Adding the type 21 to the 7th for example, doesnt work. Sure you can get the sub, but after your first patrol you'll get "Patrol grid 0". (meaning no patrol grid is being assigned)

2.) Your limited to 3 years. Now WHEN those years are, is up to you, but you can only specify 3 years at a single time. Stock game you can edit your basic.cfg and change the availablity date to 43 and your off and running.

Now if you dont care about the 0 patrol grid bug, heres what you do.

Make two or 3 identical basic.cfg files, and load them into JSGME as needed. For example

basic.cfg #1: change avialalibty date for everything XXI to 1940. Then edit the torpedo loadouts to be for 40, 41, and 42.
While in the years 40 through 42, run this file.

Basic.cfg #2. Same as above, just change the dates. 43,44, 45

Next, add the type 21 to your floatilla of choice in the floatilla.cfg file.

As an aside
If you start in 1943, with a XXI and edit your game to 39, what will happen is the instnat you hit 42 or 43, the game will act a little.. werid. because the configuration loadouts are listed for 43-45. And even though its not 43, it will use the first loadout it comes accross. After 3 years expires, there isnt a 4th loadout for it to find, so it hiccups.

kiwi_2005
12-05-05, 07:21 PM
Thanks Ducimus! :D