PDA

View Full Version : O/T Need help finding a title of song (old timers will know)

Damo1977
12-01-05, 06:20 PM
There was a popular song back in the 60's or 70's about nuclear war where mutants would walk the earth etc, for the life of me I cant remember the title or most of the lyrics. ****e I havn't heard it in that long, but I remember loving it. Hope someone can help, and no I definetlely know it ain't Bob Dylan.

Please, oh please help

Dan D
12-01-05, 07:03 PM
There was a popular song back in the 60's or 70's about nuclear war where mutants would walk the earth etc,...... I definetlely know it ain't Bob Dylan.

Please, oh please help

"Do ya think I'm sexy" by Rod Stewart ? :hmm:

Onkel Neal
12-01-05, 08:15 PM
"Everyone Was Kung Fu Fighting"?

Iceman
12-01-05, 11:03 PM
War Pigs?...Something from Deep Purple....or Jimmy Hendrix...or Beatles...Yellow Submarine....those ole blue meanies?

Kiwi Zero Six
12-02-05, 01:10 AM
"Tie me kangaroo down, sport"

Or perhaps "Waltzing Matilda"?

Kapitan
12-02-05, 02:30 AM
wow you guys are old :o

Damo1977
12-02-05, 03:44 AM
I think it had "the end of the world as we know it" but not the same exact lyrics as REM and later, if you get what I mean. man it ****es me. You love a song than forget about it than you want to here it again.

ANd Kapitan I am only 28 but love me 'Golden Oldies', they had more taste, class and meaning than most of the ****e we get now days

It was 60's 70's era that I am sure of

Lucky Starr
12-02-05, 04:06 AM
Servus Damo,

maybe the song is "In the year 2525" from Zager&Evans.

Greetings from Austria to Australia.

Edit:

Some lyrics from the song:

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes.
You won't find a thing to chew.
Nobody's gonna look at you.

In the year 5555
Your arms hanging limp at your sides.
Your legs got nothing to do.
Some machine doing that for you.

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife.
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too.
From the bull**** of a long glass tube. Whoa-oh

The Avon Lady
12-02-05, 04:19 AM
And nobody even mentioned "Eve Of Destruction" yet! :D

But no aliens there.

gdogghenrikson
12-02-05, 04:21 AM
War Pigs?...Something from Deep Purple....or Jimmy Hendrix...or Beatles...Yellow Submarine....those ole blue meanies?

yea war pigs would have been my guess..Great song BTW

snowsub
12-02-05, 04:52 AM
Google the lyrics that you know, I've found some songs that way.

Usually by other people asking the ssame thing on another forum and they've gooton the answer :up:

Damo1977
12-02-05, 06:42 AM
And nobody even mentioned "Eve Of Destruction" yet! :D

But no aliens there.

U may be on something Uber :up: No any wasn't about ALiens its was about ppl turning into mutants in the after affects

Never heard of War Pigs lol, thought you lot were talking about warmongering singer/leaders :oops: :rotfl:

and thanks snowsub try that too

lesrae
12-02-05, 06:51 AM
'Mutually Assured Destruction' (MAD) by Ian Gillan or 'After The Holocaust' by Nuclear Assault?

Edit: Came across this site http://www.inthe80s.com/coldwar.shtml

Damo1977
12-02-05, 07:16 AM
the problem is so many artists change the beat to the original song and the rythym...........will I ever find this needle in a haystick.............I use to listen to the radio waiting for 'Burning Bridges' (some of you will know this song lol) so it was in the same era. This is anothe clue..lol.

Camaero
12-02-05, 03:07 PM
I think it had "the end of the world as we know it" but not the same exact lyrics as REM and later, if you get what I mean. man it ****es me. You love a song than forget about it than you want to here it again.

ANd Kapitan I am only 28 but love me 'Golden Oldies', they had more taste, class and meaning than most of the ****e we get now days

Same here! I am 17 and only really listen to 60's-70's and maybe some 80's. Big Doors fan. Hate whats out there these days.

I have a friend that seems to be able to track down any song by only a few lyrics. He found a song for my dad the other day and we were amazed based on the limited amount of info we gave. Since no one else has got it right yet, I will run it by my buddy next time I see him.

Damo1977
12-03-05, 08:52 AM

Same here! I am 17 and only really listen to 60's-70's and maybe some 80's. Big Doors fan. Hate whats out there these days.

I have a friend that seems to be able to track down any song by only a few lyrics. He found a song for my dad the other day and we were amazed based on the limited amount of info we gave. Since no one else has got it right yet, I will run it by my buddy next time I see him.

Plz oh plz let him know it it it was about the end end of the world and wolves and mutant humans, not like x-men.........maybe in my first post it shouldn't have been abou mutantants, but human mutants walking

Onkel Neal
12-03-05, 09:08 AM

You will be too, some day... if you're lucky ;)

Damo1977
12-03-05, 10:08 AM

You will be too, some day... if you're lucky ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: so correct!!! Me been lucky Kapitan.........U streetwise as the call it? :|\

Camaero
12-03-05, 04:04 PM
Got a question:

Was it a folk song, rock song or what?

Col7777
12-03-05, 04:13 PM
Try this:

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/r.e.m./113051.html

or this:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9941/

or this:

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/blastfromthepast/itstheendoftheworld.htm

Damo1977
12-05-05, 09:59 AM
Hey, I just had a thought, "hard rains a gonna fall' was sung by many peoples not just Bob Dylan, AM I right? Maybe that where I am getting confused. It was just a bit more lively than how Mr Bob Dlan sang it.

Camaero
12-05-05, 09:43 PM
All my friend could come up with was "Yeah, heard it before but can't think who did it or what it's called. I think it was by the guy that did "hey babe take a walk on the wilde side."

I also heard a version of a hard rains gonna fall i think by leon russell... if those lyrics sound right maybe thats it? It was certainly more lively.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help!

Pioneer
12-06-05, 01:19 PM
Bryan Ferry sung a version of Hard Rains a Gonna Fall, not sure if he did it with his band Roxy Music or not though.

Type941
12-06-05, 06:55 PM
an O/T question: what's with the O/T signs - this is the general discussion! Everything ON topic, not OFF!!! :rotfl: