PDA

View Full Version : Night Attack Issues

Mikkow
11-29-05, 02:38 PM
What a brilliant game! Especially at 100% and the RUmod and all.

Anyway, different monitors, graphics card etc = different brightness..

1. Just how much am I supposed to be seeing at night, in what weather? What kind of weather should it be possible to ID ship types and actually measure the mast with the range tool during night? I might need to make some kind of adjustments. Too bad there's no built in gamma.. or is there?

2. Is there a way to make the UZO and periscope optics and entire 'screen' darker at night? The green HUD lines on it are so brutally bright that they make it very difficult to make anything out if it's a bit dark (i.e. identification anytime but normal daylight, not dusk etc) can basically not be made except from the bridge using binoculars, which do not have super bright HUD's covering them. I'd like to darken the entire screen a fair bit, including that white notepad. Not just the crosshairs. When looking through optics in real life, you don't see anything else around them.

3. Because with the above, I cannot attack convoys properly. There's no way for me to pick up the range and usually not ID any ship in the convoy when surfaced. And they said that was the most common attack at convoys, during night.

4. How does one get the sonar guy to target a certain ship without manually going in and clicking the checkbox via his station? For "precise distance to target" type purposes, useful for attack plotting.

Thank you very much for any help

U-214
11-29-05, 05:06 PM
Hello!

1)I have my WO identify ships,although by now i know the shillhouettes by heart.But i don't want to lose time opening that book.I 'd say that at medium fog you should be able to measure the range.In heavy fog it's too difficult to do so especially more than 300m away that is the safe range for the torpedo to arm.This said,i play the stock game with mods.I thinj i have read that the RUB mod makes everything darker to look more realistic,so there you have it!I am too old to strain my eyes,so i use the normal game luminosity :)

2)You may look for such a mod in the workshop.

3)oh,attack them day or night,it doesn't matter.In reality,they used to attack night on surface.In the game if you close to firing range at night,they ll spot you and fire at you,so don't worry about being realistic,because the game itself isn't here.Attack by day.I see better then too :)

4)You ask too much.As most things in that boat,if you want something done well,you have to do it yourself.I can't make my sonarman report correctly the position of the attacking DD and you ask a report on certain ship?:rotfl: The other day a DD was making its run at 270 deg on me,my sonarman lost him...We found him again when we took a shake from the depth charges :arrgh!:

Regards