PDA

View Full Version : How many time between convoys?

Alyebard
11-17-05, 06:40 AM
Courrently i'm patroling AM 17, near Rockal, and this quadrant laids over a convoy line, Do you now how many days i'll have to stay sittig as a dock to contact with any convoy. 2 days?, 15? Do you now how the game spawns convoys?
Playing SHIII. v1.4, only graphical & sound mods.

_alphaBeta_
11-17-05, 07:45 AM
Well it depends really. The convoy route map that comes with the game is not the most accurate. Usually there's a couple days between a heavily travelled convoy route.

If you're interested in seeing how the game spawns and manages convoys you may want to consider the spy satellite mod. This essentially shows you all active convoys on the map and updates as they move. I'm not saying you have to play with this. But you may want to run the game for awhile to observe the behavior.

I can say that the game certainly does not just spawn convoys in front of you. They start off in enemy ports and travel their route. I think the maximum distance away that you get notified is a little low in game. You have to be relatively close for the convoy to be reported in the stock game. There are smaller mods that fix this as well (including the spy satellite mod which takes this modification to the extreme).

Search for these mods here (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30638).

Alyebard
11-17-05, 08:19 AM
Thanks, may i can instal in a mid-patrol game o i have to wait to be at harbour?

_alphaBeta_
11-17-05, 09:53 AM
Well, I'm not sure since I don't remember what files get changed. I think you'd be the safest if you wait until you're back in port.

SteamWake
11-17-05, 11:24 AM
Good advice.

Dont patch while out on patrol. Your likely to corrupt your saves and game then you will be really unhappy.